Help with a modified boat

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

3k23m53l4ZZZZZZZZZ93b4bde7e51aa82170d.jpg

This is from Craigslist Seattle, Bayliner Trophy, asking 6500.00 obo In great shape and comes with the trailer and extra motor!

This is just the first one I clicked on in his price range. It is well worth it for him to pay me or someone else to go get a boat down there for him if he doesn't want to do it.

Or better yet..

3n63m53paZZZZZZZZZ9375a59ee0cfe4b1c0e.jpg

Boston Whaler 17' Montauk $7500.
Take only what you need.

The whaler is not the type of boat for the west coast.

As for paying you......why would he need to pay you when I will go down for some beer and food.:D I have no problem going down for the right boat.

Thanks for all the links. Been so busy looking for and buying a truck that I forgot about all the others for boats.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Just my 2 cents worth.....whatever you are looking at buying get a survey. Too many people do not look after their boats very well. Some do not even realize what it takes to maintain a boat properly. Also, from many years of trolling around BC waters, I would very seriously look at a hardtop boat. I have a convertible top that has never been off my boat but I now know I should have bought a hardtop. Some kind of heater is also nice.

Here is one down in Seattle, WA area that looks nice.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1063904656.html

$9900

1995 campion 215 in great shape.sound transom and no soft spots in floor. 1996 mariner 150hp with stainless steel prop starts and runs great.needs spot on inside fiberglass repaired,on the side not the floor.about 6'' long. it was repaired but not a very good job.
1995 ez loader tandom axle bunk trailer
disc brakes
newer tires and spare
seastar hydraulic steering
washdown pump
si-tex 106 color graph
furuno gps/waas gp32
uniden vhf
trim tabs
side curtains and backdrop
has all factory cushions for cuddy, also for seating along the transom and on the bow. cushions are in good shape
two batteries with switch

3me3p03leZZZZZZZZZ936e41f714ce3ec1a8f.jpg

3k63m13p7ZZZZZZZZZ9363452901e88581e89.jpg

3m13o53l3ZZZZZZZZZ936cd69b4a47c341789.jpg

3n53mb3o8ZZZZZZZZZ9364148a3921556109a.jpg

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

quote:The whaler is not the type of boat for the west coast.

Says a guy who drives a campion...

LMAO I've been fine in one for 10 years.. That's some funny comment. I would feel safer in that Whaler than any Campion. Campions are the only hull I've ever seen actually crack in half!!

Take only what you need.

quote:

LMAO I've been fine in one for 10 years.. That's some funny comment. I would feel safer in that Whaler than any Campion. Campions are the only hull I've ever seen actually crack in half!!

As someone who has owned two Campions (24' Haida & 26' Toba), they are very good west coast boats. I've had mine 15 miles off-shore in some pretty nasty weather, and never had a problem with them. They track straight in a following sea (which is more than I can say for a certain Beachcraft I ran for Eagle Pointe Lodge).

If you are cracking your boat in half, you are just outrightly abusing it. [xx(]

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

A few tricks when shopping for a used boat. How clean is it. I would never buy a dirty boat knowing that it was never looked after. If you watch the classified section or buy and sell or even on the side of the road. You can tell the ones not to buy.If you find a clean one it is a good start. You can the get the engine and boat checked out to see if is okay. Compression check etc.Thanks Willyd

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

quote:The whaler is not the type of boat for the west coast.

Take only what you need.

A Campion???[?][?] I guess your are mistaking me for someone else!!!![:0] No Tuperware boat for me[:p]:D!!!!!

And as for a Whaler, I too would feel safe in a Whaler, just not a CC, 17' Montauk. It is a long run out to Winter Harbour in an open boat, plus not my first...or even 10 choice for the type of boat I would be offshore in. But each to their own.....I guess;)

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Highliner

quote:Originally posted by Sitkaspruce

A Campion???[?][?] No Tuperware boat for me[:p]:D!!!!!

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Hey now, that's not very nice ripping into a guy who's spent time trying to help you.[B)] I'm sure you put those smillies there for a reason, but still.

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

Don't worry Highliner, I am joking, but at FA, not Sushi. I grew up in both tin and tuperware boats, and they both have their +'s and -'s. Used to fish out of an old 21' Campion FM. Good boat, but not a great boat. And I DO appreciate the help for ALL.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

STAY AWAY FROM THAT BOAT. OMG it's a piece. Like the guys are saying: much nicer boats out there for the same or just a little bit more. For example $1000.00 for one thing is actually $1000.00 towards something much nicer. Thats my philosophy.

If you do not know what you are looking at in terms of condition then find someone who does. Pay for someone who has the knowledge it will save your a$$ in the longrun!

Good luck and have some fun looking for a boat. Do your home work and remember it is a buyers market for sure.

The one that cracked in half was only 3 months old, perhaps it was a defect, but still, not what I would expect. That 17 ft Boston Whaler would be great for in the Sound, I didn't think offshore was an option with the looks of that blue boat.;) Lot's of people have had good experiences with Campions I know. ol' Billy Mac from Bamfield ran his for ages! There's lots of options out there for 8 G's.</u>

Take only what you need.

I spent the last 4 momths looking every day in many places and websites for an 18-20 foot boat in the 7000 to 10000 price range. If I learned anything from that experience it was that patience will be rewarded. The deals are out there on some really good boats but you have to be diligent to find them.

Don't compromise!

Here's a boat worthy of investigation - for $1500 it might be worthy of a view -- I suspect this listing might be an error?:

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/boa/1070276747.html

Sacrifice**25'Trojan Express Cruiser** - $1500

Fiberglass hull, wood cabin, 283 Chrysler marine engine rebuilt in 2002, low low hours since then.
Great fishing boat!
Kicker mount on transom.
Moving, must sell, make me an offer!

This looks like a possible. Everything you need to get on the water.

quote:Originally posted by Highliner

Hey Sitka, I thought this one might interest your buddy.
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8484142

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

I sent him the link to this place.....and you guys helped him see the light:D

I will pass this one on as well as the 6 I found today.

I(He) thanks you all for your input and we will probably post some other stuff on here when he see another boat he likes.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Back