Help ID old boat

geir58

Hi all. I picked up this boat from a friend of mine a few mo ths ago and the type is a bit of a mystery. It was his grandpa's before him and there's no nameplate or anything on it. I haven't been able to find anything similar online so I'd be interested if anyone has any ideas, even manufacturers I could start researching.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-195003_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-195003_Facebook.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG-20220726-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220726-WA0003.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20220727-195001_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-195001_Facebook.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 168
Hi all. I picked up this boat from a friend of mine a few mo ths ago and the type is a bit of a mystery. It was his grandpa's before him and there's no nameplate or anything on it. I haven't been able to find anything similar online so I'd be interested if anyone has any ideas, even manufacturers I could start researching.
Looks to me like a really early vintage K and c thermoglass . I have seen a couple of these with that same bow, windshield and clear setup

Probably has some good luck built up after all these years. Better get her out there, and give it a name!

Oh she's retro all right. First boat for me and just getting started fishing. I've taken it out in front of esquimalt a few times to work the bugs out but I think shes finally good to go. Now I just need to learn how to catch fish..

Oh she's retro all right. First boat for me and just getting started fishing. I've taken it out in front of esquimalt a few times to work the bugs out but I think shes finally good to go. Now I just need to learn how to catch fish..
You're at the right place, plenty of tips to be had on here, just ask.

I had an old 50 Merc on my first boat.
Those 4 cylinder motors were actually pretty smooth runners.
Don't forget to add 2 stroke oil to your gas. ;)

I've been dealing with an issue where the main would stall off idle. After rebuilding both carbs and trying a bunch of stuff I finally checked for spark. One coil wasn't firing until I cleaned the low voltage wire terminal. Runs like a top now. I can't believe I didn't check for spark first. Took under 10 minutes to diagnose. Oh well.

Definitely a 70's K&C - I spent a good part of my childhood on those same boats up at Lowes and Silver Sands in Pender Harbour when I was a kid. This one looks to be in better shape than any of theirs ever did. Beauty. Enjoy!

. Now I just need to learn how to catch fish..
Troll one of these
l163679.png

Made in BC Apex watermelon coloured 4.5" is best.

Made in BC Apex watermelon coloured 4.5" is best.

nothing like the action on an apex

Did you purchase that boat from a guy in Cowichan Lake?

My first runabout was a 1969 Islander. Bought in 1976. Looked very similar to the K and C's. Fished everywhere with it from Renfrew to Fair Harbour. A friend of mine has the same boat still and it is the same colour as yours.

Back