HELP!!! - Any help identifying this boat would be great!!!

Thing I learned restoring old boats, (Mine is a 1986), is that the hull is actually 1/5th the cost of that boat. Kind of a like a house, once you are at lockup, you are half way there. If you do the work yourself, 20 grand is a conservative number if all it needs is a power, electrical, and steering overhaul. I did it because it was the hull I wanted.

If you really want a tolly, and want to restore it, fly at it. But in this market, you can get a working boat for what it would cost to restore that guy. Nothing wrong with Tolly's, but they are all approaching 30 years old, which is about the time the whole boat needs restoration. They were a good cruiser in the day.

Thing I learned restoring old boats, (Mine is a 1986), is that the hull is actually 1/5th the cost of that boat. Kind of a like a house, once you are at lockup, you are half way there. If you do the work yourself, 20 grand is a conservative number if all it needs is a power, electrical, and steering overhaul. I did it because it was the hull I wanted.

If you really want a tolly, and want to restore it, fly at it. But in this market, you can get a working boat for what it would cost to restore that guy. Nothing wrong with Tolly's, but they are all approaching 30 years old, which is about the time the whole boat needs restoration. They were a good cruiser in the day.

Thanks for the info... I will be heading down on the 18th to have a look at it. So far what I have found is that the motor and leg have been rebuilt (receipts), interior is re-done, new upholstery and cabinets, Electrical and steering has been upgraded as well. Things that need finishing are flooring, toilet bolted down, sealing the windows, putting up some interior trim, lighting and adding the electronics such as radios, radar and fish finders, etc...
Oh, and locating a trailer....

I think finding a trailer will be half the battle.... I have access to one to haul it home... (I think) but if anyone has any suggestions as to where I could rent one for a day or two to get it home, (if I get it) that would be greatly appreciated.

The current owner took it for $$$ owed to him from a boat builder at the coast, most of the standard upgrade work is done... So... Here's hoping I may have found a bit of a find...
I'll keep everyone posted...

Thanks for the info... I will be heading down on the 18th to have a look at it. So far what I have found is that the motor and leg have been rebuilt (receipts), interior is re-done, new upholstery and cabinets, Electrical and steering has been upgraded as well. Things that need finishing are flooring, toilet bolted down, sealing the windows, putting up some interior trim, lighting and adding the electronics such as radios, radar and fish finders, etc...
Oh, and locating a trailer....

I think finding a trailer will be half the battle.... I have access to one to haul it home... (I think) but if anyone has any suggestions as to where I could rent one for a day or two to get it home, (if I get it) that would be greatly appreciated.

The current owner took it for $$$ owed to him from a boat builder at the coast, most of the standard upgrade work is done... So... Here's hoping I may have found a bit of a find...
I'll keep everyone posted...

Don't walk. RUN.

Back