Heat shrink connectors

981e7500e9785a416ed1c8535b1bbde9.jpg
works great i find with a second layer of shrink tub overtop for a good seal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone here solder, then heat shrink using the dual walled stuff? That stuff melts a glue on the inside that is indestructible. Queale electronics in Victoria is the cheapest for all u need

Are those the ones that have the built in solder? You crimp it, and then heat it up which melts the solder and shrinks the tubing all at once

The ones i usually get are PICO brand but they are proper ones with the adhesive inside , them crimpers were only 17$ at lordco , the good crimps are pricey.. But worth it IMO....

Not all heat shrink is equal. I tried products with the solder inside and I didn't like it. I dip my wire ends in electrical grease and the use the heat shrink conectors like jeffy purchased off eBay. I have a real thorough kit now thanks to eBay and a usa seller.

Yup to each their own , im sure Islander fishlifter has a handle on it being a mechanic and all ,just started this thread to see what people are using

I got my materials and info from a truck electrical place. Vibration and environment for logging trucks would be equally harsh to marine. I got told 1. solder; 2. crimp; 3. heat shrink. Pico sells uninsulated crimp connectors in every imaginable size including battery lugs and you don't need special crimper. I see Lordco carries this line too, and heat shrink in many diameters.

I got my materials and info from a truck electrical place. Vibration and environment for logging trucks would be equally harsh to marine. I got told 1. solder; 2. crimp; 3. heat shrink. Pico sells uninsulated crimp connectors in every imaginable size including battery lugs and you don't need special crimper. I see Lordco carries this line too, and heat shrink in many diameters.

agreed.....

I just picked up two switches from said place , Cole Hersee pushpull on/off switches, one is a three position switch , for navigation and anchor light. The other just for on/off for bilge ... 30-35$ a piece for them but they don't fail very often... , keep a spare on/off in my electrical boat kit just incase.

Anyone tell me what's wrong with Jeffy's example?

I can tell ya ... Nothing at all, everyone has their own way , if i could afford them water proof duetch connections like wyreguy has i would use them exclusively but although they are one of the best electrical connections you can get they are a little pricey, would be great for any connection in the bilge area...

Yup i here ya , solder is an excellent connection , i had all my battery cables made that way at chandler, solder ,crimp &heatshinked

You connected a red to a black haha.

And used an insulated connector plus heat shrink, uninsulated is cheaper and you can see exactly what you're doing. Heat shrink afterward.

Back