Heat shrink connectors

jeffywestcoast

My ever expanding wiring kit just made a little bigger... I found the heat shrink ring connectors online at ebay.. Thanks to a tip from albernifisher , anybody have any local suppliers for 3m heat shrink connectors? At a decent price? Also i would be willing to part with half of these at my cost..
7577c1b5abec69e2b79a2a73aab4464f.jpg
maybe our panels are different sizes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
They are over a dollar each to buy in store, pays to get good quality ones that seal properly when heated, then use regular shrink tube over top

Thats a pretty good deal , i get discount at lordco and get butt connectors for a decent price but they dont have them ring connectors in heat shrink , also found a better price on them on e-bay
80c91abacb8d637b211a3b4825fadf79.jpg
... Should be good for ahwile now

Fastenal is not the cheapest , those ring connectors will cost me .30 each max off ebay

Fastenal is not the cheapest , those ring connectors will cost me .30 each max off ebay
$25us + 8.95us shipping+ exchange puts you at 0.41. If you end up having to pay 12% tax or any extra fee stupid fee thru ship or on US exchange on your credit card like my Visa card has you are right up there paying the same price or more then you could have bought from a Canadian retailer for.

Maybe my math is wrong......

Did you try any local electrical wholesalers in Nanaimo? If you go in mid day when they are not so busy often they will help us small guys out.

I didn't look to hard but i have a friend who is manager at one of the largest electrical suppliers in town, , also my neighbour is a commercial electrician and i could save a few pennies there but really 41 cents is better then a dollar so im good with that..

Dont think i will get any fees as they mail it U.S. Postal service , if i keep my purchases bellow say 75$ i dont seem to get the brokerage fees....

personally I do not like heat shrink connectors. If you crimp it properly, the crimp pokes a hole in the shrink tubing.

Ive been doing this for a long time, Im pretty sure I know what Im talking about, but I will always listen to advice from different people.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your putting a hole in your shrink tubing, you are using the wrong style crimpers. There are crimpers designed for insulated shrink tube connectors that will not put a hole in the connector, but rather crimp them in two spots-- the actual barrel and the strain relief.

If your putting a hole in your shrink tubing, you are using the wrong style crimpers. There are crimpers designed for insulated shrink tube connectors that will not put a hole in the connector, but rather crimp them in two spots-- the actual barrel and the strain relief.

This is exactly correct...
dcc937e122337c7b91174db9db49ccab.jpg

C
59836922cf488ec364194a0ee36b11f1.jpg
[emoji1] they just have a soft curve
754c5e5b50e0b4a8c79450d65d30f90c.jpg
it is dark because i just used a lighter to heat shrink it, but this works for me , not say you don't have a better way but this is what i use..

Back