Have these Scotty compatible halibut rod holders been around for awhile?

I use them, but started using downriggers for getting bait down in busy currents too so it’s “complicated”. Work well especially with reeling in leaving the rod in the holder, due to the hight of my dr mount.

These have been around for years and years. The original ones (In Sooke) just had a u shape same tube angle. This one is just made to look just different with the CNC cut outs. Was going to make these in large scale years ago but no money in it unfortunately. Have to sell thousands. Nice though.

I still prefer just simple U with a scotty striker mounted on.

I like how they pivot on the rear pin so you can "feel" for bottom.

Last edited:
These have been around for years and years. The original ones (In Sooke) just had a u shape same tube angle. This one is just made to look just different with the CNC cut outs. Was going to make these in large scale years ago but no money in it unfortunately. Have to sell thousands. Nice though.

I still prefer just simple U with a scotty striker mounted on.
I had that plastic and retainer fly off my Striker on Friday after a hit. Have you ever had them come off while in use? I was lucky I didn’t lose the rod. I bought them used after some of the positive comments the old boys on here were giving about them. Maybe it was faulty to begin with?

I had that plastic and retainer fly off my Striker on Friday after a hit. Have you ever had them come off while in use? I was lucky I didn’t lose the rod. I bought them used after some of the positive comments the old boys on here were giving about them. Maybe it was faulty to begin with?

Not really Scotty strikers pretty bulletproof. Years ago there was an issue with post breaking. Once they put middle pin that went away.

Not really Scotty strikers pretty bulletproof. Years ago there was an issue with post breaking. Once they put middle pin that went away.
oops...plastic END that keeps the rod in place while trolling. I found them not the smoothest for turning out of the way when trying to get the rod out quickly. Maybe Scotty will send me the part.

Full disclosure I made and am selling a very small batch of these. It is my marketplace listing. This is not an original idea, just a tube and some plate that holds a rod.
However I spent some time prototyping and testing while chasing form and function because I hated all the commercial options.
I think these work very well and look good.
They are the best mouse trap I could come up with.

Full disclosure I made and am selling a very small batch of these. It is my marketplace listing. This is not an original idea, just a tube and some plate that holds a rod.
However I spent some time prototyping and testing while chasing form and function because I hated all the commercial options.
I think these work very well and look good.
They are the best mouse trap I could come up with.
Finally got a boat Will,so I'll buy another white one or trade it in for 2 in black.

Back