Has anyone had this issue with there lowrance HDS unit

Travo

Last few times I was out my screen a HDS touch seems to marking some dots all over the screen. Its the small teardrop looking dots.

Attachments

• 20150418_165936.jpg
    20150418_165936.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 408
I would check your connections. I get noise marks on my HDS if bubbles get under the xducer.

I would check the plugs in to the back of the unit as well as the voltage at the power connection to the unit. And maybe you have a bad xducer.

That's definately noise issues, check mounting location, either dirty water ie. Bubbles, or prop wash issues, if you turned your sensitivity up you would see more solid bars top to bottom of the water column

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

also are you running more than one transducer?

two units can interfere if there both sat on the same Htz

I will have a look at the mounting location today , I had it installed by someone where is the ideal spot to have Mounted on an aluminum boat ?

I have 2 screens but I think they split a transducer though I could be wrong so I will change the back one over to different frequency see if that helps .

worst case I will be switching to a P66 transducer here shortly so we will see if the xducer is the problem

I will have a look at the mounting location today , I had it installed by someone where is the ideal spot to have Mounted on an aluminum boat ?

I have 2 screens but I think they split a transducer though I could be wrong so I will change the back one over to different frequency see if that helps .

worst case I will be switching to a P66 transducer here shortly so we will see if the xducer is the problem

Travis, hopefully you didn't have it installed in Kelowna like you tried to avoid in one of your last posts. If you can't resolve, take it to HC in Naniamo if you can, maybe they can arrange for someone to come out on the boat with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
if your running two unit's and there sat on the same freq that will cause what your seeing .........

move one over to 50 or 83 htz the other to 200 htz

Travis, hopefully you didn't have it installed in Kelowna like you tried to avoid in one of your last posts. If you can't resolve, take it to HC in Naniamo if you can, maybe they can arrange for someone to come out on the boat with you.

yup you know it had the work done at a local kelowna shop just waiting for my new window and seals to come in from thunderjet and I'm heading to the island to drop the boat off at parksville boathouse for some work then to HC for the electrical stuff get it done right ,

Back