Harvest party weekend

Hey Rabbi! We downed two whole cases waiting for your call back that never came :confused:

Mark me down for floor space for two. The Nat is thinking of tagging along... And if not, T'other Matt may well be.

Any deer around? Might make the event even more interesting!! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

I serviced the boat today, and if the weather permits, I should be there fri. afternoon. Lookin forward to being on the water. I think Im going to abort on the dive. Will have crab traps, maybe prawn traps too.

Reduced to the "Maybe List" at this point unfortunately.

My truck froze up (fuel pump) in that last cold hit. Let it sit until today, and then went to work to get her fired up. Fire up she did, then promptly threw a rod. OUCH! :mad:
Located a new mill for a decent price, working on getting the install arranged...
But this is gonna eat all my available sheckles obviously, so at this point I am a tad uncertain if I can make it.

And none to happy about this latest development! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Nog

This weekend!!

Roads ok now, apparently icy end of last week beginning of weekend but has warmed. Gonna rain all week and then supposed to be clear, calm and chilly for the weekend, perfect!

Getting excited, Felix, ya there are some nice mussels down on Brady's, the women who aren't gonna fish have already been tasked with collection of said tasties for the bbq! Wondering if you have a big wok? or something for doing big batches... Jodi is going to have the red onions, tomatoes, garlic and white wine all ready for them and we'll do'em on one of the cookers!

I'm hoping to get someone onto a rock for some gooseneck barnicles as well, Siobhan is diving for scallops there are some serious dinner plates down there.

Plan is gonna be to meet on the lawn at Mills Saturday afternoon about 3 with goodies and bevies for gout fest!! Crab, rum, prawns, rum, oysters, rum, mussels, rum, clams, rum, goosenecks, rum.. scallops, we might even do a couple of sea cukes just because...hopefully a couple fresh springs over the fire in the cedar frame... beer...

Will have some salads and stuff like that out as well, locals coming will be bringing potluck dishes.

There is even a blues band over at the bar Saturday night for the survivors!!!

Dave thats wicked that your comin! Don't worry at all about the dive stuff, like I said, we got it covered... You are gonna be in charge of putting a +20 spring on the fire

Matt, not good, let me know closer to weekend.

Any wafflers out there - just do it!!!

i am still tryin, but i gotta sell a truck this weekend (if the guy shows up:mad:) slivo is a no-go,, mummas b-day:cool:

Hahaha!

Yep, sunshine predicted for now... Like Ken said, that will change back and forth more than a few times between now and Friday!

Weather still appears to be onside , looks great ,
solidly picked good weather weekend , bringin the sun screen : )
bought a few flats of " Lucky" embrellas , to keep us Warm n Dry , just in case
alot goin on , should be blast
hope to see a few of ya there ,
i'm enroute , couple day's of work over there for me , then time to play !!
see ya all on Saturday

felix - fd

Boyz, I'm bowing out on Saturday...Mt Washington has 160 cm of fresh snow calling me. I will be up on Sunday morning dropping traps near our cabin at Link Island. What channels are you guys running, I will give you a call when we get our crap in the water.

Rabbi: Sorry Buddy, won't be making it (again) DAMMIT!
Between the blown engine in the truck, and a few pups to place (people coming in to view over the weekend) there is simply no way. I wish everyone a fantastic Time and a LOT of FUN as I am certain there will be. Wish like hell I could be there...

Bummed :mad:
Nog

Jeff, thanks for the invite. Ive been wrestling with this the last few days. As most of you know the wifey's 8.5 months preg. SHes been having funny "cramps" all week. I know from experience that this is normal, but Id be worried about it all weekend if I was away.Id Better hang with wifey this weekend if I know whats good for me. Lots of time to fish during the crying and dirty diapers. Next plan for me is March derby, then April hali at Nootka. Have fun boys.

Pat. If you make it out this way I'll be on Ch. 6, 68 or any of the usual summer ones.
Nog. Got your email. To bad you won't be making it but I no what getting rid of those puppies is like. Kidda like getting rid of teenage children when they are thirty something. It's time.
Felix. Had some good fishing today. Give me a shout in the am.
Tight Lines

Sorry gents, we didn't get a chance to slide up your way today. Prawning was pretty great down at the cabin, so we had our hands full and ran out of time to drop up for a visit. Bit of a blustery wind down our way, hope it was better up by Bamfield....a chhhhiiilllllyyyy wind:eek:

Back