Harvest party weekend

Osama Bin Hopper

So kinda sad I missed a bit of the social end of the dog festival, got me to thinking...

I usually have a few buddies out in early December to do a big round of trap pounding - prawns/crabs, beach scraping - oysters/clams/mussels and surfline chasing the first round of winter springs.

I was thinking of extending an invitation to the event into the SFBC realm this year.

December 3 - 5 looks most suitable for tides to accomodate beach harvest. typically get a nice little stretch of weather at the beginning of the month as well.

We can do cabins for $100/night at Mills, and there are three available. One sleeps up to 4 and the other two up to 6 per cabin.

I can pile a few of the usual suspects into the upstairs bunks at my place as well.

Prawning at that time is OUT OF THIS WORLD and not only are the traps full, but JUMBO prawns is the rule that month. Crabbing is deadly and the beaches always offer a bounty[8D] Typically salmon fishing is taking off out at the surfline by then as well, but generally the focus has been on filling limits of xmas grits first... whatever a guy wants...

Anyhow it's an easy opportunity to stalk up on possession limits full of goodness and Mills is equipped to hanldle the proccessing of all the seafood.

We will have an enormous feast/party on the Saturday night of course! Help the new owners celebrate their aquisition:D:D:D!!!

So show of hands I guess, and first come first serve on the accoms.

$20 to the biggest prawn!

Gimee the gaff!!!

No Acommy needed , but we will come n drink ur beer Jeff...[:0]
heading over soon , call ya in a week er so , texted ya my new cell

FD...;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Osama....I am likely in Lake Louise working on a World Cup Ski race but if I don't make the trek east....I may just head west. Sounds like a fun time! [8D]

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

If I am In-Country, will try to be there this time Rabbi!

Likely bounce on off you week after next when the Caribbean Terd reappears back in Canada... ;)

Cheers,
Nog

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

sign me up for the lower bunk if its open...bolt down the tables.

th_P4150080.jpg

Hey Chris, we should go together.. could take my boat or yours? Let me know. I can bring some dive gear, get some scallops.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

;)PAGING SLIVO, leave yer boat!! this soundez like fun:D

share the harvest
2625 kingfisher

my hopes are fading fast...seems my wife isn't too keen to get left alone with 2 year old and 4 week old boys...
haven't given up quite yet...

quote:Originally posted by Degree of Freedom

my hopes are fading fast...seems my wife isn't too keen to get left alone with 2 year old and 4 week old boys...
haven't given up quite yet...

Where there is a will there is a way;). I've been through that stage of life before. We now know who wears the pants in the family:D

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

There is still room in my freezer if you end up with too much spotties OBH ....And need.....to.........store them? :D

Id really like to come, but I probably cant afford to take my boat. Id be into hopping in with someone, I have $ and dive gear. I know the area quite well too, but am a bit of drunk on the water.. yahooooo! Or, if theres a couple guys wanting to chip in, we could take my boat.. the catch is that I dont have anything to tow it with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Back!!

Sweet jebus I've had a hell of a time, but here I be!

Two cabins still available for any folks lookin to mosey down the trail. Prawn hauls are enormous, crabbings hot right now as well. That weekend has been timed around good mussel/oyster/clamming tides as well.

So far we have one diver in the group who will be going down for scallops/gooseneck barnicles.

Saturday nights feast of feasts will be one to remember!

Any questions gimme a call or shoot me an email, the address is now correct on here!

Now I gotta figure out how to get a fancy picture on and my sig line back...

Dave, I heard Pippen mumbling about joining your rig?

Back