HARDY SILEX REEL & CUSTOM BUILT ROD BY RAY McPHERSON

Bag-Juan

Nice ol' setup with a Hardy Silex Reel 1974 with a 2-piece Custom Built 12ft. river caster rod - The rod has 2 tip's one lighter and one heavier - Built by well known Rod Builder from the Interior of B.C. Ray McPherson in 1976 - Rod is dated and signed, has the serial number and has the Gold Plated eye's - Very nice piece for the collector or hit the river and let it fly - all in a wood case made for the set-up. - 450$ - Located in Langford close to Costco - call or text works better - Cam at 250-213-7876

Attachments

• IMG_9910.JPG
    IMG_9910.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_9911.JPG
    IMG_9911.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_9912.JPG
    IMG_9912.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 111
  • KuaYwLQoR2SDUIK49cG2sg.jpg
    KuaYwLQoR2SDUIK49cG2sg.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 110
  • 0VB1n+cMSmGvAQhnMW+uoA.jpg
    0VB1n+cMSmGvAQhnMW+uoA.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DJdw2FtDQV6JbJoOqariPQ.jpg
    DJdw2FtDQV6JbJoOqariPQ.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 93
  • S7ibnBYoQqO1xU44HXBUYg.jpg
    S7ibnBYoQqO1xU44HXBUYg.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 92
  • FLtspod2TRewFx0TbEk0Zw.jpg
    FLtspod2TRewFx0TbEk0Zw.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I have a Ray McPherson fly rod my dad bought in 1976. It was life altering for me using that as a teen back in the day, the first graphite rod I ever cast with. We’d been using glass rods until then. Ray’s craftsmanship was legendary.

Good luck with your sale. I’ll bet that’s a beautiful rod to use paired with an amazing reel.

Bump! Offer's?? I collect reel's and would keep the reel and sell the rod if that's a interest to anyone? It just kinda all goes together nicely in the wood case so i feel it needs to stay as it is. I've never used it and don't have room to display it properly? - Cam at 250-213-7876

Bump! Offer's?? I collect reel's and would keep the reel and sell the rod if that's a interest to anyone? It just kinda all goes together nicely in the wood case so i feel it needs to stay as it is. I've never used it and don't have room to display it properly? - Cam at 250-213-7876
Its a gorgeous set up and should stay together with the history and provenance of its owner/angler. I just wish I could justify buying another centre pin set up but I've got 6 now !

CRGreg

Its a gorgeous set up and should stay together with the history and provenance of its owner/angler. I just wish I could justify buying another centre pin set up but I've got 6 now !

CRGreg
Thanks CRGreg! If you have 6 you may as well have 7? sounds like you have the perfect home for it with lot's of company for it! haha

Price Drop - 400$

I also have myself a rod made by Ray in 1978 fand just recently found a old Peetz to accompany it. Hopefully I’ll catch a salmon on it this year before I retire it to my wall.
Good luck with the sale I’d love to add yours to my collection but I’m trying add a shotgun without momma knowing lol.

I also have myself a rod made by Ray in 1978 fand just recently found a old Peetz to accompany it. Hopefully I’ll catch a salmon on it this year before I retire it to my wall.
Good luck with the sale I’d love to add yours to my collection but I’m trying add a shotgun without momma knowing lol.
Thanks Steplift! Let me know if the Shotgun falls deal does not happen!

Back