halibut

Yup and both this Kiwimagic and Heavy Hauler are brand new sign ups. I thought promoting illegal activity would get you banned on this forum. The slipper commercial Halibut quota owner trolls like to spread this kind of crap as it serves their political and financial interests to paint the sport sector in a bad light since they compete with us for access to Halibut. I also am very suspicious when you see two new sign ups with no credibility or history acting like (you fill in the expletive). But if they are actual anglers and I have my doubts then they are just ignorant and the affect still works against the interests of the sport fishing sector in our ongoing battle for fair access to Halibut.

I love this Forum...it's like playing in a sandbox with a bunch of 50 yr old babies. I don't remember promoting illegal activities...just pointing out the obvious! See you all in Renfrew this season. :cool:

Don't eat the yellow snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this Forum...it's like playing in a sandbox with a bunch of 50 yr old babies. I don't remember promoting illegal activities...just pointing out the obvious! See you all in Renfrew this season. :cool:

Don't eat the yellow snow.

A great many have worked tirelessly over years to advance the interests of all anglers particularly as it relates to the very politically sensitive fair allocation and access to Halibut including some very expensive court cases.

Your first ever forum post is a comment about how anglers can cheat on the annual Halibut limit (obvious or not) and a comment essentially as to why anglers complain about annual Halibut limits when it is easy to cheat - (flawed system or not, and one which we did not ask for and that was forced on us by government to save a few administrative dollars). Then we get some other first time poster seeing your post as an invitation or opportunity to jump on and confirm that’s how he likes to cheat on the sport fishing regulations.

I will agree your post was the milder of the two and I will agree that this a sensitive subject that prompts a rather visceral reaction. We have been fighting these battles a long time and one tires of seeing us repeatedly shoot ourselves in the foot.

There are always ways to cheat on taxes, laws, commercial fishing regulations and elections if one is inclined. I fail to see how thinking up and publishing ways to cheat on the sport fishing regulations helps anglers in our efforts to maintain fair access to fishery resources and compete in a very political and public relations charged environment. Especially so when we are greatly out matched by competing interests with big money, lawyers, political connections, paid lobbyists, public relations firms with media connections and a government that loves quota systems; all of which work against our interests.

It’s an uphill battle as it is and they don’t need any help with their public relations and lobbying efforts. They are far too good at it at our expense already and they love posts they can spin to show the sport sector cannot be trusted or that our system as opposed to theirs is flawed so there should be no further halibut allocation changes in our favor. I believe it was not your intention, but I also believe the combination of those two posts works against our interests. As for the “baby” comment, I wish I was 50.

We need a like button in this forum!
thxs for the post Rockfish!

A great many have worked tirelessly over years to advance the interests of all anglers particularly as it relates to the very politically sensitive fair allocation and access to Halibut ........QUOTE]

Hats off to Rockfish with his well worded and respectful response to a couple of irresponsible postings made by new members of this forum.

Don't think Holmes would ever do something like that. He may have had his moments, but, a cheater.....don't think so.

Well I had to sign up for a quick retort in regards to whoever is using Heavy Hauler as there sig. Derby called and said that some douche is using my boat name as his handle and stirring the pot. Let me say that I am not the guy posting the garbage and I follow all rules and regs, so who ever the spineless garden weasel is ( I think I have a good idea hey seabass) get a life. Oh and if anyone is interested I have never bought an online license as I do not agree with them but from the sounds of it I think the old license is being phased out so there may be no choice. Hey Derby say hi to Sammy and Hambone on the Canuck thread.

Mike aka Heavy Hauler

Regulations, likes laws, have the word 'spirit' implied. Sure you can get away with driving drunk, doesent mean you should. Thanks Rockfish. If this conversation took place over a beer, it might be more palatable, but there are so many visitors to the site, even pointing out flaws in the system is tricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Derby say hi to Sammy and Hambone on the Canuck thread.

Mike aka Heavy Hauler

Aloha Brah; it one thing stealing a boat name but it's inexcusable when they stoop to slandering your handle...:mad:

stay cool brah,we got your back...:)

Well I had to sign up for a quick retort in regards to whoever is using Heavy Hauler as there sig. Derby called and said that some douche is using my boat name as his handle and stirring the pot. Let me say that I am not the guy posting the garbage and I follow all rules and regs, so who ever the spineless garden weasel is ( I think I have a good idea hey seabass) get a life. Oh and if anyone is interested I have never bought an online license as I do not agree with them but from the sounds of it I think the old license is being phased out so there may be no choice. Hey Derby say hi to Sammy and Hambone on the Canuck thread.

Mike aka Heavy Hauler

Sorry to hear you got your identity compromised and dragged into to this sorry saga. What an interesting turn of events.

Mike aka Heavy Hauler

You should be more upset about your Maple Laughs and their late season collapse than someone stealing your boat name on here.. :cool:

Glad to see Jackel come on and clear things up! Knew it would not be him saying that. Wondering about the Kiwi Magic comment? Cant see him making that comment either. He is not new to the site, long time user under a different handle. Someone is trying to stir the pot using these two guys.... :confused::(

Back