Halibut fishin on the inside

Jlewis

I'd love to hear some of the stories people have catching Hali from Campbell river to south of Nanaimo

18 jul, Campbell River, on the east side of the hump in 155 feet on water, army truck hootchie, 90cm.

All by myself in my whaler no witness, but I do have the army truck and rod to prove it.

Vacuum packed at Campbell River Seafoods. .............BB

There are NO Halibut in the Georgia Straight. You have to go at least 10 miles off shore of the west coast to find Halibut.

Everyone Knows that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are VERY mistaken

not only are they in fact on the inside, they are certainly not as far as 10 Miles off WCVI

There are NO Halibut in the Georgia Straight. You have to go at least 10 miles off shore of the west coast to find Halibut.

Everyone Knows that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Powell River Fishing Report on facebook. Reports/picture of a 22.5 halibut landed yesterday off Coho point in 120ft of water on chovies

WOOOOSHH that one sailed right over your head JeffB

Like he said no Hali on the inside straight or anywhere within 10 miles from shore. Nope nothing to see or fish for here... Move along... Lots of coho around try for them instead.

Why am I anchoring here then? ... Ohhhhhh no reason

Pulled this guy off the southern slope of the Campbell Hump on the 22nd of June this year while trolling a glow green hootchie at 197' in 210' of water. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374688391.335390.jpg

WOOOOSHH that one sailed right over your head JeffB

Like he said no Hali on the inside straight or anywhere within 10 miles from shore. Nope nothing to see or fish for here... Move along... Lots of coho around try for them instead.

Why am I anchoring here then? ... Ohhhhhh no reason

tough to read sarcasm ;)

No fish...move along. No lines to read inbetween here....

Back