Halibut 2012 - So far ok

Sculpin

Hot off the press from the SFI.

[FONT=&quot]July 27, 2012 [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark Twain famously said that rumours of his death were greatly exaggerated. The same holds true for recent rumors that have been making the rounds of many sport fishing locations about the actual or imminent closure of the recreational halibut fishery.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It just ain't so.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While this spring we were deeply concerned that the season might run short due the lower overall abundance of halibut and the continued failing of the halibut allocation model, the pre-season plan of restricting anglers to one any size and one small halibut possession limit appears to be working. As a result, we are optimistic that the halibut season will carry on for some time and, based on present numbers and past experience, do not anticipate another unwelcome Labour Day surprise at this time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We'll do our best to keep you up to date but we would encourage you to keep making bookings and take advantage of our great August weather[/FONT]

Awesome! I love that reg especially if it produces a longer season! I'm biased tough as I live 5 minutes from a launch and can catch halibut all over my local area. Therefor the rule hasn't effected me at all aside from giving me the chance to fish for them into September! I know others are not so lucky.

Maybe they can keep this rule and open in Feb next year!

Back