Had enough sent dfo a nasty letter!!!!

wolf

Well after waiting a whole week to "wait and see" if we get to halibut fish yeaterday sent of a blunt letter to DFO!!!!
this is really starting to PI$$ me off now tryed 4 diffwerent letters being "political" I think its time to take the gloves off so wrote this to them !!! lets see if i get a response back this time as all my other letters havnt had a reply.
I suggest others to follow as well cmon boys like give shiat!!!!!!

Here ya go:::

HELLO I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A LONG TIME NOW FOR YOUR DEPARTMENT, TO ANNOUNCE WHEN THE HAIBUT SEASON IS GOING TO OPEN, YES I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN INIDATED WITH LETTERS E-MAILS, BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY.

ALL YOU ARE DOING AS A MANAGING GOVERNMENT IS MAKING PEOPLE MORE AND MORE ANGRY YOU ARE SCREWING WITH A LOT OF PEOPLES LIVES AND LIVELYHOODS!!! A LOT OF PEOPLE AND COMMUNITIES AND TOWNS SHOULD KNOW WELL MORE IN ADVANCE THAN WHAT YOUR DOING NOW??

SO MY QUESTION TO WHO EVER IS READING THIS TO GO TO THE MINISTER AND ASK WHY THIS DEPARTMENT IS HOLDING PEOPLE OF THE WEST HOSTAGE?????? ALL WE WANT IS ANSWERS?????AND AN OPENING DATE????
IS IT REALLY THAT HARD OF A THING TO DO????
SO PLEASE TELL ME WHEN THE OPENING DATE IS GOING TO BE?? THAT’S ALL I ASK….

THANKS

ROY CARVER
bluewolfcharters

cmon guys its time to hammer them as its quite obvious they dont care about any of us out here on the west coast broken promises and blantant disregard for you an me .......ive had it!!!!!

Wolf

Hey Roy I hope you cc`d the Primeminister`s office as well.

Let him know how poorly the dfo is being ran. ...

Guys, maybe you can school me here... I found this on the DFO site as I'm sure you have read:

"Halibut: Recreational fishing for halibut is closed until Feb. 28, 2011. (VO # 2011-50)"

I assume the issue is that it does not state that it will specifically open on a particular date?

SHEP thats old we all know that already its on another thread!!!!

Gypseas oh i sent it to a lot of them trust me!!!!
this is getting to be a fricken joke how is one supposed to plan a vacation any where??? they have dragged their heels so long now im sure there to there at knees by now, this day and age they cant come up with a soulution??? wtf are they that incompenant ????? (already know the answer to that).

Its apperant they dont give 2 SH#Ts about anyone who lives in canada.

And no this isnt about me or my business Its a very small amout of what I do yes it will hurt I care about my freinds and family and especially the younger generation coming up i dont want them 20 yrs from now saying :

"Uncle Roy What happened to the halibut when you were fishing back then?????how come there is no season anymore??? what did you do about it???"

Thats the ones I care more about!!!!!!!!

So I ask everyone to send off a nasty note as well its now time to do so think about it for awhile and all the deadends we are getting to the more you think about it the more you will get pi$$ed off... thanks for letting me rant

Wolf

Thanks for your insight into this situation, now do you or anyone else know
when we may see the 2011 recreational halibut season open ?

Regards,

Scott Craven

On 07/02/11 10:15 AM, Savoie.D@parl.gc.ca wrote:
Dear Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to make your voice heard by the Fisheries Minister on the current debate over recreational and commercial halibut allocation. You raise some strong and reasonable points.

I and my New Democrat colleagues recognize the issues facing both sectors, and we are pressing the federal government to help all sides arrive at a fair solution.

The commercial halibut fishery has long been an important component of British Columbia’s economy. The commercial fishery has seen their allowable catch reduced by approximately 47% since 2007, and is worried about their ability to stay in business. The commercial halibut fishery provides spin-off jobs in processing and many small communities in BC depend on this industry.

The recreational fishery has been a boon to local tourism in British Columbia. International and local anglers visit BC to fish in some of the best and most pristine halibut grounds in the world. The fishing lodges and charter vessels provide jobs that otherwise would not exist. The recreational anglers are concerned that their season may be cut short and want to see their share of the allocation increased.

We also acknowledge the issue of conservation. Any decisions around allocation and quota must honour the principles of conservation and be based on sound science. There must be a commitment from all sectors to effective monitoring and fish data collection. The commercial fishery is heavily regulated and monitored to ensure adherence to their quota.

The federal Minister of Fisheries and Oceans is watching from the sidelines. As a result, the policy is being debated in the media and in community meetings throughout British Columbia.

This issue has been simmering for years. Fisheries allocation and share is a controversial subject and fisheries management must base their decisions on well-informed science.

Having said that, several positive recommendations have been proposed recently by individuals, organizations and at community forums to address the issue of allocation share.

We have and will continue to urge the Minister to get back to the table, meet with the stakeholders, listen to all sides, and help work towards a real and practical solution.

Thanks again for raising this issue with the Minister.

Sincerely,

Denise Savoie, MP
Victoria

You know what I like is they throw out the 47% figure but still get 88% what about rec guys with a 50 % in reduction 1 per day 2 possesion from 3 years ago. so sorry dont buy it when they say a 47 % decline I can BS

wolf

Back