guides for upcoming season

advTHXance

Hey folks,

The lodge I work at is looking for a few guides for this upcoming season. Must have all certs as required by transport canada, a passion for fishing and the outdoors, people skills, a strong work ethic, teamwork, etcetc!

Its a small land-based lodge located in Haida Gwaii. Due to our remote location on the west side of Haida Gwaii, guides must be comfortable fishing in big water and winds, with safety being the top priority. We are the only lodge within 50 miles, and because of this we have unfettered access to the fishing grounds. Its unlike many of the other lodges where youre fishing in a crowd and everybody is tight-lipped. I will tell you how deep im fishing on the radio! I will tell you what gear im using! Our guides all work together to make sure everybody has a great experience.

The fishing is world-class and I dont think youd find it any better anywhere else in BC. The scenery is unbelievable, youll be surrounded by pristine wilderness. Its like jurassic park, with fewer dinosaurs.

From startup to shutdown our lodge operates from May to Sept. Food, accommodation, guide suit, boat and gear, are all provided, though you can bring your own as well. We fish every day, and new guests arrive twice a week. Its a long haul in a remote location with no days off and very little downtime, but theres no place like it.

If you have any questions or youre interested in applying, shoot me a msg.

We also have wifi.

Cheers,
Colin aka "Butcher"

Hey folks,

The lodge I work at is looking for a few guides for this upcoming season. Must have all certs as required by transport canada, a passion for fishing and the outdoors, people skills, a strong work ethic, teamwork, etcetc!

Its a small land-based lodge located in Haida Gwaii. Due to our remote location on the west side of Haida Gwaii, guides must be comfortable fishing in big water and winds, with safety being the top priority. We are the only lodge within 50 miles, and because of this we have unfettered access to the fishing grounds. Its unlike many of the other lodges where youre fishing in a crowd and everybody is tight-lipped. I will tell you how deep im fishing on the radio! I will tell you what gear im using! Our guides all work together to make sure everybody has a great experience.

The fishing is world-class and I dont think youd find it any better anywhere else in BC. The scenery is unbelievable, youll be surrounded by pristine wilderness. Its like jurassic park, with fewer dinosaurs.

From startup to shutdown our lodge operates from May to Sept. Food, accommodation, guide suit, boat and gear, are all provided, though you can bring your own as well. We fish every day, and new guests arrive twice a week. Its a long haul in a remote location with no days off and very little downtime, but theres no place like it.

We also have wifi.

Cheers,
Colin aka "Butcher"
You working with Crawford

I fished two 5" lemon lime AP herring spoons for 95% of my salmon fishing last season!

The outpost
West coast fishing club I believe it’s the only lodge left on the west coast of the charlottes
That's the giveaway right there. Kinda a sad statement but what a great piece of water to have mostly to yourself after the Salmon seeker and wcr left.

Good to here Crawford's still at it.

Hey folks,

We also have wifi.

Cheers,
Colin aka "Butcher"
What are the cert your referring to . The info I have from DFO is guides out on the salt water do not require any license or certificates. Altough it certainly helps to have a CTAG

what boats are you running ???? and your saying no down time for 4 months thats a big ask for prob 10-12 hours a day

what boats are you running ???? and your saying no down time for 4 months thats a big ask for prob 10-12 hours a day
22ft whaler guardians. And yes its a long season, and this job isnt for everybody. :)

should note that while dfo has no regulations on guides there has been a lot of precedence set in court since the 1970s.Like calming you had no idea your quests don't have fishing license is not gonna pass go in court. There's been rulings to get guides in court like ruling the person aka the guide netting the fish took possession of the fish, when there was a case of over possession on guide boat ect... I think more recent times there's been some issues with the way crab and prawn traps are labeled and whos fishing them ect.. log books recoding too.

Back