Group Pod Build

@ExFlyGuy also did a project on a 26 Hourston with a pod and 300 Verado. You might want to pm him or maybe he might respond to this thread. I have fished on his boat a few times and the ride is awesome. There is no bow rise to speak of and gets on plane and stays there at relatively slow speeds. The 300 is great power and the fuel mileage is quite reasonable for a large boat.

https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?posts/918295/

Hope this helps.

Oly

@ExFlyGuy also did a project on a 26 Hourston with a pod and 300 Verado. You might want to pm him or maybe he might respond to this thread. I have fished on his boat a few times and the ride is awesome. There is no bow rise to speak of and gets on plane and stays there at relatively slow speeds. The 300 is great power and the fuel mileage is quite reasonable for a large boat.

https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?posts/918295/

Hope this helps.

Oly

It sure does help, thank you for your time to reply...

That point about the 26 hourston hull planning early I find that ours does in stock form it never really goes nose up I can only imagine how much better it could be. Moving from the f5s to f3s made a world of difference way too much prop.

Just want to throw something out there...

Do we even really need a pod? what about something like a jet boat swim grid?... no pod just tubular braces too transom...?

boat24_176.jpg

I would think that you would have to engineer the tubular braces pretty good. The jet boat swim grid is only holding a kicker. You would be adding a lot more weight with a single 300 or twin 150’s. Just something to think about if you were to go that way. Then you would have a lot of weight rearward from the transom with no flotation, which might negatively affect resting nature and the ride of the boat.

Oly

I would think that you would have to engineer the tubular braces pretty good. The jet boat swim grid is only holding a kicker. You would be adding a lot more weight with a single 300 or twin 150’s. Just something to think about if you were to go that way. Then you would have a lot of weight rearward from the transom with no flotation, which might negatively affect resting nature and the ride of the boat.

Oly

Makes sense...

Take a look at a scout 280 abaco pod. It's cool how it wraps around onto the hull.

Yes it looks good, I saw this picture a while ago and was thinking the same... its a kool look!

Unknown.jpeg

I will be getting specs and what is offered shortly, I will post asap once received. I tell ya from what he explained to me this is beefy and engineered to boot! we can compare and dissect :)

Here is another design that might be of interest?

5778572_20180315155637932_1_XLARGE.jpg 5778572_20180315155656202_1_XLARGE.jpg

Back