Grady White 208

1998 they made switch without wood I believe. Prices like these are twice as much as the US boats I see.

Nice boat but not worth 65k.

Last edited:
What did it cost extra? Obviously I can't go there, so would have to hire an outfit.
I read somewhere on this site that the cost to get a US boat to a Canadian driveway is approx 1.5x what you pay for the boat. Ie $100k US boat is approx $150 CDN by the time you get it home.

1998 they made switch without wood I believe. Prices like these are twice as much as the US boats I see.

Nice boat but not worth 65k.
They switched to XL Plywood according to page 3 around 1998 and around that time they switched to green wood(a treated wood whatever that is), https://gradywhite.blob.core.windows.net/media/21325/1998.pdf I don't think they stopped using treated wood in different parts of their boats until 2013 or 2016. Bulkheads, transoms and stringers were definitely getting better through the 2000's but rotten bulkheads were found in mid 2000's according to the hull truth. You have to do some detective work in their old brochures to be sure but they were building much better boats by 1998 and you have to be really cognizant of holes drilled and moored boats of any made over 15 years old. Still watching the youtube rebuild videos from time to time, lots of fast forwarding needed https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTlAhsWfj8B-CcRmy-Xf9hchzY-YpXP5H https://www.bestboatreport.com/when-did-grady-white-stop-using-wood-in-their-boats/

I agree if it was worth 65k it would have sold, enough guys are looking!
I read somewhere on this site that the cost to get a US boat to a Canadian driveway is approx 1.5x what you pay for the boat. Ie $100k US boat is approx $150 CDN by the time you get it home.
1.5X likely includes exchange rates that will depend on where you bank. When doing a rough estimate including hassle it is a good rule of thumb. Nothing better is a private deal here in BC, where you don't have to drive as far and you can agree on the appropriate receipts to ensure Justin T gets the share he deserves.

I've imported two trucks and one boat. Isn't too hard if you have time but an east coast boat adds a ton of time and logistics.

What did it cost extra? Obviously I can't go there, so would have to hire an outfit.
Obviously exchange rate, 500 bucks for broker, 1100 for towing, 50 for wire transfer, 300ish riv. Think that was about it. Obviously a bit of a hassle doing the paperwork, inspections etc. But not too bad.

Give you a idea of what the door looks like. I don't think anymore or less water would get in if a wave came over the back.
View attachment 70128
I've never seen anyone with a kicker steering bar like that. Got any more pictures of it? It's nice that it won't bind, but how is it connected to each motor? The ball connections would just let that bar lay over on itself.

Also, nice lawn mowing shoes.

I've never seen anyone with a kicker steering bar like that. Got any more pictures of it? It's nice that it won't bind, but how is it connected to each motor? The ball connections would just let that bar lay over on itself.

Also, nice lawn mowing shoes.
Best one I have. The main motor is connected with a air line quick connect. The kicker has the panther ball style connection. So yeah the tiller will fall down. I wrap a bungie around the tiller and arm so it stays upright. Fabed the arm out of copper. Being a plumber came in handy. It works great, but is a little bulky. Was a huge pain to figure out. Tried a few different configurations to get it right. Kicker is back aways and the motor well is tight.

I'll let the Oldman know his shoes are getting some attention. Lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210908-124749_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210908-124749_Gallery.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Thanks for all this guys. It's leaning on podding the boat I have at moment. All the boats I want have pretty old power in price range I want.

So its Malibu 185 completely new power, or going up a few feet with old power.

Going with a 150 HP outboard ?
Probably if I do it.... A Suzuki. But its a crossroads right now like I said new power vs upgrade old power. If the right boat comes along would be awesome. After listening to this the 228 would be more of right set-up. But with good motors I am way over 50k...

Probably if I do it.... A Suzuki. But its a crossroads right now like I said new power vs upgrade old power. If the right boat comes along would be awesome. After listening to this the 228 would be more of step up. But with good motors I am way over 50k...
Ummm might be a typo in there

I'd agree with that assessment too. Still the overall selection they have is 10x what we do. I have interest in a 26 to 28 parker, judge or steiger craft but simply can't do anything since that whole stupid lab thing happened.

I'd agree with that assessment too. Still the overall selection they have is 10x what we do. I have interest in a 26 to 28 parker, judge or steiger craft but simply can't do anything since that whole stupid lab thing happened.
Nooo!! You have the best hull there is, just need to pod it

Back