gps units

T

tekk11

looking at buying a gps unit.i have looked at lowance 200c globalmap also a garmin 429 ext both close to the same price.the lowrance seems like the better unit...any input as to the best unit also the best place to purchase..also the map chip any place to find them cheap the cheapest i found was arond 270.00...
thanks

I have a lowrance 335c Unit. I would feel lost without it now. Try phoneing harbour chandler in Nanaimo. Thats where I got my map from.

I have a 335 as well and love it but I had it lock up on me. It would not go to page 2 for options. I had to wait until the next day to call the factory. Make sure you have your manual with you for the number. I had to shut of the power, hold map button down, while holding map button down, repower by holding power button down at the same time and until a map of North America came on and then it was fine. Hope this helps a frustrated fisherman out of a bind some day. There is no factory reset if it locks up like that becasue your reset is on page 2....tight lines.
quote:Originally posted by tekk11

looking at buying a gps unit.i have looked at lowance 200c globalmap also a garmin 429 ext both close to the same price.the lowrance seems like the better unit...any input as to the best unit also the best place to purchase..also the map chip any place to find them cheap the cheapest i found was arond 270.00...
thanks

quote:Originally posted by ActionJackson017

Speaking of Navionics chips - is the platinum chip worth the extra $100 over the gold+ chip?

It probably is. From what I understand you can set it for 3D but you got to have something like a Raymarine E120 (about $2800 I think) to be compatible.
It's just money:)
vic

I spent quite a while looking around at GPS's before buying my last unit. The best deal I could come up with was the following from tigergps.com. With a virtually flat exchange rate I couldn't touch the prices in Canada. The $199 chip includes all the Navionics charts for BC. I have used the unit for about a month now (for about five hours a day every day) and am very pleased with it.

I was not looking for a sonar unit but the price point difference on the combo units was so little that I took the upgrade on the sonar from what was in the boat as this one was a more powerful transducer than my old one and the screen resolution for finding bottom fish is very good.

Good luck on the search.

Qty Code Product Name Price
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1 116-28 Lowrance LMS-527C 5" Screen Color Inte 664.21
1 SD-13XG Navionics Gold British Columbia Pre-Pr 199.99
Sub-Total: 864.20
Tax: 0.00
Shipping & Handling: 60.00
TOTAL: 924.20

Back