GPS Troubles

Steelhead S2

GPS is not working. Raymarine GPS sea map will not zoom below 1.5 nautical miles. Is this the map card, the unit, the antenna...??? Thoughts?

The easiest place to start is to thy the chip at a dealer. It could be a setting. If your location is shown, it is receiving a signal. If you have a Raymarine dealer near you, save time and take both in.

Does it not zoom below 1.5 miles just within the map that the chip covers? or on the entire base map? If it won't zoom inside or outside the chip coverage then I would tend to think its a unit or base map issue. Definitely won't be the antenna for ther reasons mentioned above.........IMO They can flash the memory chip and reload the basemap at a dealer........cheers!

Sounds to me like a setting on the head unit rather then the chip. I'd rule out the antenna per ReelSlim's comments--if you are picking up a signal which it sounds like you are, then the antenna is no longer on the table as a potential problem.

Sometimes it helps to reset all the options to factory settings on the head unit, then re-initiate the zoom function. That's how I solved similar issues with my Furuno. I can now zoom in on individual pieces of seaweed...:]

Good advice but first there must be some type of reboot. I know on my Lowrance I had to do that a couple of times over the years and that fixed everything. That way you won't have to reenter settings if it works

Restore to factory settings.

1.Press the MENU key, then scroll down to the "System Setup" option, and toggle the track pad right.
2.Scroll down to the "Settings and Data Reset" option and toggle the track pad right.
3.Under the word "Factory Reset?" press the softkey corresponding to YES. The display will restart momentarily.
4.The display should reboot into normal operating mode.

Back