gps sounder

fishin solo

Crew Member
hey guys yesterday my elite 5 hdi shut off by itself . I turned it on again everything was normal until I noticed my depth was off 50 feet I know it was wrong cause I have built in depth sounder on my boat also. to make it worse on the way back I selected the waypoint where I drop my traps and the route it was showing me to follow was over top of land. there wasn't a power surge or anything I know cause I had other electronics on at the same time . ive also noticed the last couple times I have to keep telling it what navionics card im running. any thoughts welcomed?????

solo

hey guys yesterday my elite 5 hdi shut off by itself . I turned it on again everything was normal until I noticed my depth was off 50 feet I know it was wrong cause I have built in depth sounder on my boat also. to make it worse on the way back I selected the waypoint where I drop my traps and the route it was showing me to follow was over top of land. there wasn't a power surge or anything I know cause I had other electronics on at the same time . ive also noticed the last couple times I have to keep telling it what navionics card im running. any thoughts welcomed?????

solo
yep sounds like a similar one i had
check your software and see if you are up to date should be 3.6 i think
as mine was always having to set to nav canadain until i updated
you need a 2gb or less memory card to upload which can be downloaded from lowrance website

mines a elite 5 so check you download the right version
hope this helps or shoot me a pm or talk to mike perkins at HC there lowrance teccy

nope I have it set at 200' and I was in 80' of water . ill try that update , are you supposed to check for updates all the time the unit was bought in may?

Not getting an update shouldn't effect your unit in the way you describe. I haven't updated mine in years - if it ain't broke...

Of course in your case it is broke so go ahead and get the update.

Back