good SVI lake for shore fishing?

Hoochiebob

So the wife has finally dragged me off the ocean to take her (and her sister) lake fishing monday. It will be her first time. No particular species, and no boat.
Looking to go as far as Shawnigan from Sidney. I am rather clueless when it comes to fresh water, so any suggestions would make the wife (and her sister) quite happy.
Oh and my wife(and her sister) dislike embarrassing themselves, so some seclusion was requested.
Thanks in advance

And for the love of Pete, please help....

For trout, use this set up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsIOo8qd0RI
Use Powerbait "PowerEggs", 2-4 per hook, make sure to test to see the PowerEggs float the hook before casting out.
Leader length should be 4-12 feet long. Colors don't really matter but pink, orange, yellow & chartreuse are more commonly used.

For Bass, led jig heads with worms/grubs/swimbait/curlytails etc are probably your best bet from shore. Cast and retrieve.

Carp are really fun at Elk Lake and probably the easiest shore casting fish for fresh water. Canned corn on a hook, cast it out 20-50 feet, secure the rod, adjust the drag until line comes out VERY freely and wait. If you get bites don't touch the rod, wait for the reel to scream then pick up the rod, tighten the drag as needed, don't let them go too far ! Allow the fish to take out line if they want as they near shore, take your time with them & use minimum 10lb line.

Seclusion on a sunny holiday Monday will be the real challenge, a 3 hour hike to Shields lake is your best bet lol !
But seriously, seclusion is not really gonna happen unless it's Mon-Fri on a non-long weekend so.....just get out there and fish !
Go as early as possible to avoid the crowds.
Elk, Durrance, Thetis, Lookout, Glenn, Langford and Spectacle lakes are probably your best bet for shore casting.

Back