Good Deer jerky recipe?

Islandgirl

So mr buck is at the butchers(got him yesterday). I want to make deer jerky but I have never found a recipe that I really LIKE (tried a few).
Does anyone have a good one they are willing to share?

I have tried many as well and I think the old soya sauce and red wine and garlic is my favourite. Once in the brine for 24 hrs I quickly rinse it and then sprinkle with seasoned salt and black pepper and let it air dry for a couple of hours then into the smoker for 6-8 hrs.

Hi Moe,
could you tell me the ratio of red wine to soya..I think i will give it a try..And what temp do you keep your smoker at?
thanks

Island girl did you try it yet as I made a recipe a few years ago and ill share it with if you would like it???it is tried and true had it many a time

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

hey Island Girl about equal parts of each but taste the wine a few times before adding soya LOL. I just throw it in my big chief smoker so not sure on what temp it's at.

Hey Wolf..
the beast.. I mean Bambi is still hanging at the butchers.. It would be great to get that recipe, I pm'd ya

Just made my first ever batch of jerky. Used a dehydrator.
Easy and worked out great!

For those who have made it before, what is the best way to store it and how long is it good for? Thinking of making a few batches to have on hand for upcoming hunting trips.

I was thinking of vacuum sealing it and/or maybe freezing it.

Tips

Back