Going fishing

falcon1

Might be going fishing in elk lake this week. I am planng on going after brown bullhead and/or carp. Are there any baits that can be made that work for both species? Also, if you know of any good spots for either fish, please let me know. I will have two rods with me so if there are a couple different ideas I can make good use of both. Also, if you have any other general info on this lake, I could use that too as this is my first time fishing elk lake, first time for carp, and first time for any catfish species. I also saw someone on a different thread say they had heard about pike in elk lake. Can some one confirm this or is this false? Thanks
falcon1

I will start by saying Pike is false. THere is no pike on the island. When it comes to shore fishing remember you can only fish with one rod at a time. I know both carp and catfish will eat worms but ive only ever hooked the carp on powerbait rigger on a carp rig with the bait below the hook. If a carp feels the hook before the bait in all the way in its mouth it can easily spit it out. Make sure you have super sharp hooks.

Good luck. hope you do well

-Steve

I will start by saying Pike is false. THere is no pike on the island. When it comes to shore fishing remember you can only fish with one rod at a time. I know both carp and catfish will eat worms but ive only ever hooked the carp on powerbait rigger on a carp rig with the bait below the hook. If a carp feels the hook before the bait in all the way in its mouth it can easily spit it out. Make sure you have super sharp hooks.

Good luck. hope you do well

-Steve

Thanks. Good to know about the pike. I will check out some carp rigs then. And my brother is coming so two rods will work. Maybe a catfish rig and a carp rig?

Back