Glow paint for old spoons

saltydawg

I have a bunch of old spoons I'd like to jazz up and re-use by painting on glo/luminescent paint . Anyone else doing and where did you get paint? I've tried a bunch of stores around Victoria including Shaver Shop and Trotac and so far its a no go.
Everyone says wait until Halloween???

Try luremaking.ca. We buy powder paint from them to spruce up old lures for jigging. Great for spoons....Much better that spray paint. The super glow paints glow for a very very long time.

I like the tape, easy to apply and easy to replace. As Scott mentioned the teeth chew it up before the salt affects it from my experience. Works like a hot damn on some of my older larger spoons I use in the Gwaii.

I like the tape, easy to apply and easy to replace. As Scott mentioned the teeth chew it up before the salt affects it from my experience. Works like a hot damn on some of my older larger spoons I use in the Gwaii.

I have done a lot of playing with paints and was never happy with the results or how hard it is to obtain them. Best results for me was going on-line and getting the best deal I can for strontium aluminate then go to dollarama and get their double tube epoxy which is only 1.50 for a double barrel tube vs 9bucks in Home depot. Mix small amounts in the little ketchup paper cups-- mix in some strontium alum pwd . Paint your spoons with a white primer--let dry then paint over with the epoxy strontium mix. Unbelievably bright and durable.

I take an old spoon...sand it down smooth to bare metal. Give it a coat of self etching primer. Then a coat of Tremclad flat white. Then coat it with Rustoleum Glow paint (couple of coats).

Last edited:
Back