Glow baits?

D

dman

I am using glow-anchovie teasers for the first time this summer. Does anyone charge them up in the AM, or in low light conditions? Does it matter?

Absolutely. Charge the heck out of them. I use my spotlight or just a flashlight. Make sure to do your glow flashers too[8D].

Hey dman, another trick I use is to have two rigs exactly the same. Each time I check my gear I just change over to the other set up and set the previous one in the sun on the back of the boat. That gives it enough time to charge up for the next "shift".

Thanks Adrianna, do you find that glow teaser heads will work without a glow-flasher?

Use a black light. It charges instantaneously and gets the whole lure. Try it! Compare the flashlight to the black light. Walmart or similar stores should have the portable black lights.

quote:Originally posted by dman

Thanks Adrianna, do you find that glow teaser heads will work without a glow-flasher?
Hey Dman,I dont have a single glow flasher in my box,yet my white glow teaser head catches fish like a hot damn.Fish eyes are accustomed to very low levels of light and will catch light reflecting off a non glow flasher.The glow head accentuates the bait which causes the salmon to instinctively bite.
P.S. Why arent we fishing?
Hooch

I rarely use glow teaser heads in the summer. Mostly for feeder springs down deep in winter. I always use glow; teaser heads, hootchies, spoons; and I always run a glow flasher as well. I find it makes all the difference. That's my thoughts anyway. Experiment.

I converted one of my tackle boxes to a "glow box". I lined it with aluminum foil and installed two black lights then wired them to a switch that is connected to a 12 volt plug. When I am heading out to fish I throw all of my glow teaser heads, hootchies, plugs and spoons in the box and then plug it in to my car or boat and turn the switch on. I never run out of glow baits! For early morning,late evening or fishing deep it really helps. You should try it!!

Thanks again, I would be fishing but I'm stuck at work until I leave for Nootka on the 7th! Still torn about what to try first, I think I'll run a chovie in glow teaser and a hoochie on the other for starters. I do happen to have some white glow too....

quote:Originally posted by dman

Thanks again, I would be fishing but I'm stuck at work until I leave for Nootka on the 7th! Still torn about what to try first, I think I'll run a chovie in glow teaser and a hoochie on the other for starters. I do happen to have some white glow too....
I only have the priviledge of fishing off the island once in awile but when I do I always go with a glow in the dark hootchie and always have good luck fishing with them, especially for springs.I have used them in Mabel Lake with excellent results and have used them on Kootenay Lake for Rainbows and Dollies...fishing for the latter two with a Ford Fender as an attractor.For your info.Hope to be trying again later this summer!

Back