Global Cooling Coming Soon?.....

A few decades ago the same scientists were telling us that there was a little ice age coming and there was nothing we could do about it. 12 years of mathmatically no increase in global warming and counting. I am skeptical of gore or experts who profit from predictions. I do firmly believe however in climate change. Back to fishing!

A few decades ago that scientist that predicted a little ice age was wrong and many published paper at the time proved him wrong. You are wrong when you say "12 years of mathmatically no increase in global warming and counting." Have you looked at the link I posted back on post #7? Do you really think 2012 ice sheet would look like that if there was no warming trend? A least this part is good to hear.... " I do firmly believe however in climate change."

The guys who are making the biggest profit from this controversy are NOT scientists. Rather they are the business men who make a killing off of fossil fuel and other things. They are the ones who control much of politics these days. Also for God's sake if you're getting your news from a Rupert Murdoch controlled source, (e.g. the Daily, Fox etc.), just stop. You're being fed misinformation by those making the profits from the status quo.

Civano both of these are easily refuted.

Both of these articles below have some great animated graphs which show how the global warming “sceptics” try to cherry pick the science and fool the audience.
The Guardian article does a particularly good job of showing up how delusional the Mail article above is:-

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...ep/09/climate-change-arctic-sea-ice-delusions
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/i...ism-like-this-who-needs-fiction/#.Ui8_dD9aRzO

Ah yes, Forbes, which prints a lot of nonsense by Larry Bell, who is an engineer/architect but not a climate scientist. He has been a leading climate change denier for years – but then he writes for Forbes and the business audience he panders to do not want anything to get in the way of rampant development! Here are some rebuttals which debunk his articles:-

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2011/01/forbes-rich-list-of-nonsense/
http://blog.sfgate.com/techchron/2013/07/21/no-global-warming-hasnt-stopped-and-heres-why/
http://dialoguesonglobalwarming.blogspot.ca/2012/04/larry-bell-is-liar.html
http://profmandia.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/forbes-magazine-uses-astrologer-for-financial-advice/
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2011/01/07/207304/forbes-larry-bell-and-the-climate-of-corruption/

Right on the front page of Google News today.......

" Scientists admit they were wrong over global warming predictions"

See for yourself......

What gets me is how Mr. Suzuki Hails Mr. Gordon Campbell as a hero for introducing the Carbon Tax, then turn around and do Private deals with Independant Power Producers guaranteeing a high rate no matter what the going rate (Free enterprise at its finest) is all funded by the taxpayer so we don't need to run the "smog belching Burrard Thermal Plant" (as Mike Smyth once put it) in the very odd low water year for a short period of time and become totally green all year round even in the odd low water year. Fast forward a couple of years and now that same fuel (i.e. natural gas) that was supply Burrard Thermal is suddenly a Green Fuel that we will burn as much of as we cool (that is for every Ship of Liquified Natural Gas we fill we will burn the equivilant to cool it) and ship it to China so they can burn it on long term contracts at todays very low market rates (just ask New Brunswick what they think of the Power Deal they did with Quebec and have to live with for a generation) but hey we will be debt free B.C. by 2020 Right, Right. Our great great grandchildren will look back at our collective genius as they throw another twig on the fire to stay warm.

Right on the front page of Google News today.......

" Scientists admit they were wrong over global warming predictions"

See for yourself......

IPCC AR5 will be out at the end of the month and the "spin" doctors are out in full force ahead of it.
There are no "Scientists" that think they got it wrong, that's just spin...
Have a look at this article....
http://www.theguardian.com/environm...16/climate-change-contrarians-5-stages-denial

Escalator_2012_500.gif

Many of us wish this global warming was not occurring but the sad fact is that it is happening right in fount of our eyes. The real question is what are we going to do about it, not is it true or not.
I myself had many doubts for a long time but since I have had time to look at the evidence I'm convinced that it is real and it's man-made. No if's and's or but's.....

The five hottest summers in the states (1936,1934,1954,1980,1930)...all occurred with CO2 below 350ppm.....

The five hottest summers in the states (1936,1934,1954,1980,1930)...all occurred with CO2 below 350ppm.....

That is absolute rubbish Seafever. I do not know where you are getting those dates from but USA today says 7 of the 10 hottest summers have been in the decade 2002-2012!!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/weather/climate/story/2012-08-30/summer-temperatures/57729858/1

There is more information on 2012 (the third hottest summer on record!!)here:

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/summer-2012-3rd-hottest-in-us-history
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/summer-2012-3rd-hottest-in-us-history

Data for 2013 not in yet but it WILL BE in the top 10....no doubt about it.

Oh really?.......the source you quote "Wunderground.com" shows 1936 as being the warmest summer ever in the USA......

Whereas "Skeptical Science" shows 1934....

Other places show the years 1885 to 1950 being warmer than now.....

It is interesting to observe that NASA and the Weather Bureau continually "adjust' their numbers to jibe with the current zeitgeist.

If information doesn't fit .....they 'correct' the findings until it does.

Whenever a hole is poked in the global warming argument...the first thing G/warmers say is " well....it 's not really about warming...it's about climate change".

As you can see by looking around the planet.......there has been some mighty "climate change " in the past. As in the case of the Sahara desert, which was proven to be a lush fertile area in the past.
Or the Arctic itself....where sedimentary records show that it was once tropical.....
Or Greenland or England......Greenland being a place where farming was a mainstay...and England where at one time it was so warm they grew Grapes there continually.

Sealevels.......there are places on this planet where the mean sea level has actually decreased......which goes against the G/warmers theory that melting ice will raise the sea levels....but they are of course the first ones to say " oh...well.....the water is actually evaporating faster now"

Some say the planet is hundreds of millions years old........

if you stretch that time line out lineally.......the years 1930 to 2013, or 1885 to now would not even show up on the graph , the period being so tiny.

The climate is never constant or fixed......it has fluctuated from day one hundreds of millions of years ago to now.

So "climate change " is a norm........not a sudden panic-filled event. (it could be a panic-filled event...depending on what the climate-change does to you in the way of a weather situation or geological anomaly)

Volcanic eruptions are part and parcel of climate change too.......and no amount of "carbon tax" or other human "fix it" solution is going to change when and where a volcano erupts....or when an earthquake takes place.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would be interested as to where you got this information.
Perhaps you could share that with us so we can have a good look at it.
I have no problem with you posting stuff like this as statements like yours need to see the light of day.
They should be check against facts.....

"Real Science'...Steven Goddard
"Weather Extremes"....Wunderground.com......for starters.....same site Englishman uses....

NOAA continually juggles it's numbers and predictions to fit the story......

as does NASA...

I'm not saying there isn't some climate change....but I am saying that the numbers are continually manipulated to get the desired result they seek.

Governments and world bodies are famous for manipulating information.

Oh really?.......the source you quote "Wunderground.com" shows 1936 as being the warmest summer ever in the USA......
That is not the point. The table in the USA today article also shows 1936 as still being the hottest summer ever. So what? The fact remains 7 out of the last 10 years have set records and are the hottest years on record. Climate change/global warming is not about single one off events, like 1936. It is about global climate change trends, all over the world. The recent climate changes in the Arctic have been incredibly startling.

Whereas "Skeptical Science" shows 1934....

Other places show the years 1885 to 1950 being warmer than now.....
Skeptical Science agrees with the USA today article about the past decade being the hottest on record.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/2001-2010-A-Decade-of-Climate-Extremes_WMO.html

I don’t know where those “other places” are but they are wrong and do NOT agree with the scientific data.

It is interesting to observe that NASA and the Weather Bureau continually "adjust' their numbers to jibe with the current zeitgeist.

If information doesn't fit .....they 'correct' the findings until it does.

Where is your evidence for “adjusting” numbers. Please provide links to the articles and scientific data.

New data comes in all the time and new predictions are being made from them. The IPCC is about to publish it’s next report. The predictions will be updated based on the data since the last report a few years ago. But one thing is certain. They will continue to say climate change IS happening because of global warming.

Whenever a hole is poked in the global warming argument...the first thing G/warmers say is " well....it 's not really about warming...it's about climate change".
It is about both. Climate change triggered by global warming.

As you can see by looking around the planet.......there has been some mighty "climate change " in the past. As in the case of the Sahara desert, which was proven to be a lush fertile area in the past.
Or the Arctic itself....where sedimentary records show that it was once tropical.....
Or Greenland or England......Greenland being a place where farming was a mainstay...and England where at one time it was so warm they grew Grapes there continually.

Seafever, you think the climate scientists are stupid and don’t know this? This silly argument is debunked by science right here in Skeptical science.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period.htm

The time scales you are talking about span millions or thousands of years. Of course the Antarctic was once tropical. The continent itself was in a different position on the earth’s surface!!

And yes the Arctic was tropical…..55 million years ago!! And guess what? That happened due to an extreme climate change event that pumped a lot of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5034026.stm

The Sahara has dried and expanded over the past 10,000 years or so. The climate change the scientists are warning us about now because of overwhelming evidence and data is happening in a 150 year time frame or less!!

Sealevels.......there are places on this planet where the mean sea level has actually decreased......which goes against the G/warmers theory that melting ice will raise the sea levels....but they are of course the first ones to say " oh...well.....the water is actually evaporating faster now"

Don’t understand what you are getting at. Mean sea level means exactly that. It is the average sea level over the whole earth. And mean sea level is indeed rising as we would expect.
Please provide links to your claimed observations, which in any case cannot refer to mean sea level but must refer to local variations……

Some say the planet is hundreds of millions years old........

if you stretch that time line out lineally.......the years 1930 to 2013, or 1885 to now would not even show up on the graph , the period being so tiny.

It is not “some say”, like a religious prophecy or similar nonsense. There is overwhelming and irrefutable scientific evidence from physics, geology, cosmology, paleontology, and chemistry that the earth is millions of years old. About 4.3 billion years to be precise.

And of course the period you quote is tiny in comparison. But that is why the changes occurring are so frightening. The climate of the earth has NEVER changed so much in 150 years. All previous climate changes happened over thousands or millions of years, in natural cycles. This change is one “forced” by human fossil energy consumption activities.

The climate is never constant or fixed......it has fluctuated from day one hundreds of millions of years ago to now.

Of course but again go here to understand the difference between what you are talking about and what is happening now.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period-basic.htm

So "climate change " is a norm........not a sudden panic-filled event. (it could be a panic-filled event...depending on what the climate-change does to you in the way of a weather situation or geological anomaly)

Of course it IS a panic filled event. I repeat; the climate of the earth has NEVER changed so much in 150 years. All previous climate changes happened over thousands or millions of years, in natural cycles. This change is one “forced” by human energy consumption activities. Just take a look at what is happening in the Arctic for goodness sake and to the people and wild life living there.

It is happening right here in North America!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kan-village-disappears-underwater-decade.html

Volcanic eruptions are part and parcel of climate change too.......and no amount of "carbon tax" or other human "fix it" solution is going to change when and where a volcano erupts....or when an earthquake takes place.

Of course eruptions have an effect, both locally and globally, depending on the size and duration. Again climate scientists do in fact know that!! But this argument in no way refutes the changes that are being wrought by anthropogenic causes or is a reason for doing nothing. If carbon taxes reduce fossil fuel consumption that is a good thing. And BTW earthquakes have absolutely no impact on global climate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earthquakes could definitely affect ocean temperatures......since the deep oceans are the least explored places on the planet....(and scientists readily admit they know almost nothing about what goes on down there) by opening knew fissure vents where hot water escapes from....

Underwater volcanic activity which opens new vents and fissures is also on the "little is known' list.

Then there are the recorded El Nino's (and La Nina's)......which mightily affect ocean temps......graphs I have seen show huge fluctuations in these going way back......

According to the Bible (if you believe it), Noahs' megaflood didn't take "thousands of years"....happened rather quickly....

hmmmm....so now the Earth is "billions" of years old.......every time a scientist speaks they tack on another 150 million years....

They can't even accurately say when the Shroud Of Turin was made.......never mind the planet.

BTW there are a lot of holes in RadioCarbon dating technology.......although on the face of it they would have us believe otherwise....

Unfortunately I am not very good at posting links....if I was I'd be showing you a lot more information....

I'm surprised Polar Bears even exist......given that there were thousands of years where they weren't there due to climate before.....

Oh wait......there's no such thing as a real Polar Bear...they are a cross hybrid mutation that "adapted"....

If they were growing grapes in England on a continual basis....it couldn't have been that long ago (thousands,nay, millions of yeras ago) because man wasn't around back then (depending on who you believe)

But every time a scientist opens his mouth.......man has been here longer than the last time they opined.

Few years back it was 10,000 years...then went to 20,000 years.....then 40,000 years....now its over 200,000 years and rising......

Of course the IPCC will continue to say that man is to blame to for global warming.....that is their agenda....

NOAA and NASA both recently "corrected" their numbers.......saying that the hot years of the thirties were mis-calculated at the time....

If you really want to do something about carbon emissions...then join forces to have all air travel grounded.
A passenger or military jet makes more carbon emission in a single takeoff than my car does in three months.....but the onus will be on me to buy an electric vehicle instead.

Of course with the money I save by going electric, I'll be able to afford more vacations where I can hop on a carbonpuking jet to get to my pristine vacation resort which features organic food and bicycles
for transportation.

I'm sure the researchers studying the polar caps aren't going to give up their air travel (by jet) to get there any time soon.....

Back