Glasply

Sookesalmonpics2009001.jpg

The boat is at my place (in sooke) ive power washed it all , hull is in good shape make a great starter boat with all the good stuff on it slap a motor on it and your good to go, i have personally fished on it and is a nice lil comfortable platform...

How much work is needed to be done to the haul or floor?
As far as I am concerned the hull and the floor don't require any work at this time. The hull is sound. The floor needs some cosmetic work which we addressed by installing some checker plate to cover areas where the floor surface was deteriorating. bottom line is that you can repower the boat and it will be good to go.

do you know the hull weight without motors and do you think a 115 hp would be enough power for this boat? what was your cruising speed and approx. rpm with the 150 and also your speed at wot? what year is the boat?

do you know the hull weight without motors and do you think a 115 hp would be enough power for this boat? what was your cruising speed and approx. rpm with the 150 and also your speed at wot? what year is the boat?
a
not sure of the hull weight but these boats were built heavy with thick fibreglass throughout. Personally I don't think that a 115 hp motor would be sufficient power. With my 150 hp two stroke yamaha (2001) the boat cruised at 30 mph at 3800 rpm. at WOT the boat ran at 44 mph at 5000 rpm. i love this boat it was stable in heavy seas.

Nicnat - I have the 19" non-hardtop version. They were advertised at about 2300 lbs I think. So realistically it is closer to 3000 by the time your fuelled and fishing. If my info is correct on the years (I don't know what year this boat is) Glasply's were woodless stringers 1977 onward I think in the 19'ers. I would see if Jimbob or Wolf can snap a picture of the HIN from the aft/starboard rub rail and see what year it is.

I love my Glasply and there is a TON of info over on www.glasply.org. My boat is a 1976 (so does have wood) but is an awesome cruising/fishing platform.
They almost all had the 470 engine in them (unless they were a factory outboard). Mine has been retrofitted to a 4.3 (V6, advertised 180 hp) and it boogies pretty good. I would say that Jimbob is correct in saying a 115 would be a bit small. 150+hp in my opinion.

Back