Gibbs Delta in Chile

I've watched a lot of the videos Chileans are making- larger spoons with treble hooks behind a Deep Six is what a lot of people use.

But the fish aren't hogs mostly the same size we get here-fatties though lotsa bait.

Everyone I know from Gibbs is great! Most the people that don’t like them don’t know them and are just jealous lol
I've met a few of the Gibbs guys. The few I've met have been great guys and avid fishermen. My issue is Gibbs keep buying all the tackle companies, then start manufacturing tackle in China. I just bought ten Gibbs spoons in the original packaging from the 90s. Much better quality. Nothing against China, I just don't think they have a great reputation when it comes to quality manufacturing.

I've met a few of the Gibbs guys. The few I've met have been great guys and avid fishermen. My issue is Gibbs keep buying all the tackle companies, then start manufacturing tackle in China. I just bought ten Gibbs spoons in the original packaging from the 90s. Much better quality. Nothing against China, I just don't think they have a great reputation when it comes to quality manufacturing.
China will build whatever you ask for

We have done some comparisons between Gibbs and West Coast Fishing Tackle. The Gibbs quality is definitely lower and the glow is not even comparable. The spoons on the left of the picture are Gibbs and the ones on the right are West Coast. We are only buying West Coast spoons now.

Attachments

• 112A954E-7743-4FB2-96F8-7D1ACCD035A8.jpeg
    112A954E-7743-4FB2-96F8-7D1ACCD035A8.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 120
Back