GEN 11 Mini

KANOOK

Have a 20foot Trophy Pro and just purchased the Gen 11 mini charger.
My questions are: When hooking up the charge cables for charging the batteries do you have to disconnect the battery cables ?
As space in the cubby hole where the batteries are is limited , any suggestions on where to mount
the charge unit?
Possibly in the motor well ?

Have the charge unit portable and remove when not charging ?

Open for any suggestions or ideas?

Yours in Fishing
Robbie

For all you out door enthusiasts there is a huge rally at the parliament buildings in Victoria on March 2nd 11:00 to 2:00

This is mainly for the Wildlife Allocation that is being forced on us. This is a must to protest the Government decision to sell our wildlife to NON RESIDENT HUNTERS for trophy hunting.

This move by Guide out fitters and our so called Government is the start of Privatization of our wildlife.

Look what has happened to the Halibut ?

I mounted my NOCO Genius gen 2 Mini to the transom in the battery compartment up high over the batteries. Charge cables stay connected all the time. You could make it removable if you store your boat at home and just put on some alligator clips, personally I moor all summer so I think diconnecting it from both batteries would be a pain in the a$$.

Thanks for the info about the Rally.......too bad I will be at work.

GnB

Just got the identical unit on sale at Canadian Tire a few months ago. Fantastic product. I permanently attached the charging cables to the batteries, but because mine has a set of posts and a stud with a thumbscrew, I didn't have to disturb the existing cables at all. I mounted the unit above the batteries on a piece of Starboard. More correctly, I mounted it to the Starboard first, then mounted the Starboard to the boat. Makes it a bit easier than wiggling around in a tight space. I trailer my boat so I just plug it in when i get home. Works great.

I understand that you can get an extension lead with a male terminating end that you can mount elsewhere creating a "socket" that you can plug into when on shore power. Kinda neat feature.

http://www.geniuschargers.com/GCP1

Back