fuller lake

Worms are gross but cooking kills them, I've never found them in the flesh of trout only lingcod. Quite a few salmon have worms in the stomach cavity too, I just toss them and try not to think about it too much.

try a willow leaf and worm 18-20 inches behind it, my favorite troll is the Cowichan spoon, rigged the same way with a dew worm behind it, make sure you use swivels because otherwise this trolling spoon will give you line twist like a sumobitch..:p Goodluck , post some pics and a report!

Was out today caught three this morning on a gang-troll and wedding band, and one on a little croc spoon, all of them were about 10 inches each.

I had the opposite of that today; caught two nice ones, but those were my only bites.

It was only the 2nd time I've been there, but both times I noticed most people trolling in the middle of the lake. How deep are you trolling? I tried a type VI for awhile, but all my bites have come on shoals

Most often smaller trout will strike near the surface. the big boys stay deeper and away from most predators. Slower trolling and large leeches on your type VI. Run them down the side of the lake opposite of the beach and dont be aftraid to get close to the docks over there as it stays deep along them.

-KK

Back