full service

S

saltybeaver

So I usually like to pump my own gas so stuff like this doesnt happen but I was getting gas on my way to lake cowichan last weekend took the gas cap off in front of the kid.... go in and pay....come out to him asking if its bad if the gas goes in the other hole (rod holder ) why I asked...... oh i put some in there...... how much ? $60.00.
onto my batteries into my hull :( . just thought I would share this with you .

it was all in my cuddy . but after a thing of dish soap and flushing water through the hole thing over and over no smell .

hope you did'nt pay for the fuel.;)Seriously though I hope the station is going to pay for the complete clean up of you boat.

Hey Chris, the Money Order is in the mail, Striper Sniper

Glad it wasn't me would have been hauled away in cop car okay mabye not but I would have lost it!!!. :(

If you haven't already taken it up the gas station owner I would.

I would ask them what they think is fair compensation for what happend and say I understand it was a mistake people ar human but to have the mess cleaned up plus not knowing what effect this may have now or over time to my boat as resin and gas don't do well when in contact with each other let alone the lingering smell that WILL come back on a hot day???? Thank goodness he didn't blow up my boat or hurt hurt himself or others etc. I would rather not involve a lawyer.

They have insurance for these kinds of things.

Cheers ME

What did they do for you?

Did you say you had to clean it up yourself?

All I can say is wow!!!![:eek:)]

I Cleaned it my self four a couple hours there and at home. It was a young kid first couple days on the job. nothing I can do or say can really fix it. the funny part was when I told him to garb somthign I could drain the gas into, he came out with the smallest jery can I have seen. So I grabed a garbage can and dumped it out right there and filled that up .

Chatted with my boss about what happend to your boat and he said I should let you know if any of that gas came in contact with your flotation foam it will destroy it, same if it got into the bilge pump. I wouldn't let this one just blow over but thats me. I am not saying go for millions I just think you should be reasonably compensated.

Cheers ME

I'd be finding out who the owner of that station is and at least making damn sure it's documented with a letter to them that the incident occured. Just in case you have future issues. They should be paying to have that mess professionally cleaned up. I'd be willing to bet they'd do that without a fight.

What a drag. I hate hassles like this but it seems more and more these days these types of hassles happen. :(

Back