Fuel Tank Size and Install

EZZ70

Hey, does anyone have experience replacing the fuel tank and system in the 23' Hourston?

What is the original size?
What size should I be looking at as a replacement for a 2018 300HP Yami outboard and 9.9 HT?
How did you design it?
What materials was used for install?

I found this in a search... are there any other archives that you can direct me too, please?
https://www.sportfishingbc.com/foru...uel-tank-replacement.65975/page-2#post-845486

A friend just got a new KF 2525 with a 9.9 and 250 yamaha.
Here is his fuel capavity. You need more I'd say.
Fuel Capacity120 USG / 454 L

I had a 26’ Hourston sedan and it only came with a 70 Gallon tank . Nowhere near enough in my opinion. Get an aluminum one built and go big. I would say 120 Imp gallon minimum .

I had a 26’ Hourston sedan and it only came with a 70 Gallon tank . Nowhere near enough in my opinion. Get an aluminum one built and go big. I would say 120 Imp gallon minimum .

Okies, thank you, I was thinking 80gal min and 100gal max... I will have to see how much room I have, I want to keep as much weight midship as possible without too much weight to the stern..

The original tank is 50 gals. I stayed with mine as it was still good. If I had to replace I would go a big as possible. The original is a rear side/end fill and I believe the new Transport Canada specs it must now be a top fill inlet and double marine grade stainless hose clamps and fuel line must be A1-15 rated.

Last edited:
The original tank is 50 gals. I stayed with mine as it was still good. If I had to replace I would go a big as possible. The original is a rear side/end fill and I believe the new Transport Canada specs it must now be a top fill inlet.

I will get mine inspected and see how it looks, might not need a new one either, hope not! same some money :)

Just wrote on the thread if you do need a new tank and I am correct on the top fill you will need to go longer to get the same volume.

Ps like the video thing great way to show a build.

Back