Fuel Gold River or Campbell River

Adler

Heading to Nootka, launching in Gold River, boat is currently near empty for fuel. Driving over Malahat so will leave empty until up island, is there good gas station (with good pull through) in Gold River to fuel up? Marked Gas ideally? Or better to do so in Campbell River? Thanks!

Gold River has fuel, can’t remember if there’s marked at the pumps off the top of my head. I will be topping off my fuel there in 10 days …

Heading to Nootka, launching in Gold River, boat is currently near empty for fuel. Driving over Malahat so will leave empty until up island, is there good gas station (with good pull through) in Gold River to fuel up? Marked Gas ideally? Or better to do so in Campbell River? Thanks!
Campbell River Shell is where I stop; easy to access from the highway and lots of room for trucks towing boats.

We fuel up in Gold River no sense carrying all that weight and fuel all the way in from Campbell River and as has been said marked gas at the shell

All great tips. Can report that we opted for the Gold River Shell fill, for the same reason, didn't want to carry that fuel along the highway into GR if we didn't need to. The gas station there has a good pull through, marked gas, super friendly service. Was priced at $1.71/L on Saturday (marked Silver), just a couple cents more than bronze in Victoria when we left. ($1.69). Thanks to all for the advice!

Back