Friendly Cove disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

doubletyee

I spent the last three days staying at Friendly Cove cabins and was extremely disappointed with what we found. Made a reservation a month ago and only knew what was posted on the website. We arrived Thurs evening at the boat launch in Gold river and talked to the parking guy there. He said that there was no one at the Cove that the manager was fired a couple of days ago. He said that he would phone his boss to see if there is anyone there. He came back and said that there was someone and that they would help us with an ATV. We arrived at 9:30 at night only to find that the guy that was to be there had left for town earlier in the day and we were by our selves. When I made the resevation I asked if there is a float that we can use to park on and they said yes that they just had a new float installed and we could park there. We arrived and there was no float!!:(We had to park on an decrepid old dock and the locals wanted to charge us $15 a day to park on. After a little bartering they finally agreed to let us stay on the dock for free. We then find out that we have to hike all our geardown this dock and up the hill to get to where the ATV could pick us up.:( Finally we got everything hauled up (1 1/2 hrs later) and got the ATV to haul our stuff to the cabin. On the internet they say that they cabins are fully equipped so never brought any camping gear onl;y to find that the cabin was completely empty except for a bed and table. No utensils, light, stove nothing[}:)] By this time we could care less and only wanted to get some sleep. The next day went fishing which was good and came back to find that the supposed gas dock had gone to town to refeul and we could not get gas there either. It finally showed up late Friday night but wrecked half day fishing. Finally the band sent out a new manager and he tried to be helpful but had little stuff to be able to help. He rummaged through all the cabins church to find some stuff but still was quite lacking. Sorry for the long post but just want to let people know that don't believe the website Friendly Cove was an absolute nightmare[V]Nice thing is that the fishing was good.

You'll have to try critter cove next time its a great place!!!

Sorry to here about the ordeal.It is a shame that false advertising can ruin a perfect trip.Good thing the fishing was good.We stay at Cougar Creek no cabins of course but a nice clean campsite.I didn't get out to Friendly this year but last year the docks looked pretty run down.Plenty of good operations in Nootka sound Critter Cove,Hoiss Point and so on.

Mike

oguard... have you ever stayed at moutcha (spelling???) ??? Just wondering how it is compared to cougar.... also how is the road for towing down??? cheers

moutcha bay fish camp is great , fuel , store bait etc etc good moorage, stayed last year had a great time , going up on the 6th till the 12. tight lines scotty

These replies even make it worse. I intially had accomodations booked at Moutcha Bay but after finding out about Friendly (But Rotten) Cove I cancelled my res and booked Friendly (But Disappointing) Cove.

Ya I am sorry to hear that.... I have never stayed at moucha or cougar but critter is great... so look into one of those for next year for sure!!!

Never stayed at moucha bay but have heard some good things about it.I stay at Cougar creek because my father in law stays there and I know a lot of other guys that stay there it sort of becomes a family reunion.Good times cold beer and good fish stories for good measure.

Mike

We stay at Critter Cove. They really treat their guest with excellent service. We too see the same folks year after year. I would highly recommend it, but you need to get your reservations in quick. I believe most of the cabins are booked up a year in advance.

Back