Fraser river sockeye

i Am not a river fisher but it does open opportunity’s for People without boats to fish. We need more fishers, especially young fishers to get the opportunities to catch salmon and fall in love with fishing. More people fishing will lead to more reports of illegal fishing also
dfo should open both fresh and salt but the can not manage an ant farm

Last edited:
bunch of bs where is the real tidal opening? nobody is catching between steveston and mission
Sure dfo is inviting the snaggers to shady Island bring your weighted barbed trebles. What a load of **** dfo. Seine to left seine to the right. Hey I need to release this soc by rod and reel let me just toss it in your great big seine net for you. I have never seen such crazy management dfo ever!

The tac should be distributed, but for river snagging? These guys won't get much. The fish are thinned out. Just seems silly. What in the **** is DFO thinking? What a shitshow

The tac should be distributed, but for river snagging? These guys won't get much. The fish are thinned out. Just seems silly. What in the **** is DFO thinking? What a shitshow

Yah they won’t get much whonnack test sets are low, when I used to BB in river wound not go out unless they were getting over 100 in river tests.

Yah they won’t get much whonnack test sets are low, when I used to BB in river wound not go out unless they were getting over 100 in river tests.

Yep. They have to be schooled up in large numbers traveling to get a BB to get flossed. What a miserable fishery. It's like a hillbilly jamboree

Even tho I no longer bb, I have great nostalgia for it.

Nothing like fishing in flip flops, t shirts and shorts

That said they should of had it during the abundance summer run,

I agree all this stinks, don’t fish the summer run for late run concerns. Then do a clean up fishery on the much less abundant lates.

It’s been extremely miss managed

Most people floss them, it's called bottom bouncing and should be illegal. But when DFO announces an opening and they know full well that this is how people target them in the river what can ya do?
Yeah I get people floss socks in the upper fraser ....but the lower (mission and below) how do you target them? Lol gillnet? .....waste of time.... just open 29-4 and 29-3.

Just now, the latest FN:

FN1056-Salmon - Sockeye - Areas 11 to 29 - Fraser River Sockeye Update - September 13, 2022

In addition, consideration is being given to some limited marine recreational fisheries targeting Fraser Sockeye in the coming days, and any fisheries will be announced by separate fishery notices.

The next in-season meeting of the Fraser River Panel is scheduled to occur on September 16, 2022.

Back