Fraser river sockeye

They didn't have very good test results in the JDF. Some guys couldn't even set because there was tons and tons of humpbacks. I know one siener who made a set and had 2 humps in the set, Had to unbutton the whole set and could make another set that day. Been tough. Guess with that many whales present should be an indication right there you would think. Definitely has a world of room for improvement

So they upped the food fishery to 1.25 million, then the FN are asking for another commercial fishery for 1 million. Not opening for commercial white guy next week. Until their next meeting next Friday.

I hate Canada

So they upped the food fishery to 1.25 million, then the FN are asking for another commercial fishery for 1 million. Not opening for commercial white guy next week. Until their next meeting next Friday.

I hate Canada

my optimism is slowly fading

1660682007792.png

I'm the least bit impressed at this point.

I heard twice now there was a bunch of dumped fish in lad er in a ditch, and a tote full up river somewhere. Super fuscking pissed off. Where's that whiskey bottle

I'm the least bit impressed at this point.

I heard twice now there was a bunch of dumped fish in lad er in a ditch, and a tote full up river somewhere. Super fuscking pissed off. Where's that whiskey bottle
It’s the game they play, catch a bunch, try to sell them, when they turn funky, toss them in a ditch and go get fresh ones, and so on, been going on for years

early summers are putting constrains on fisheries, The early meeting tomorrow is the Americans have asked for it as they are looking to have more fisheries if the early summers are no longer in marine fisheries.

If the test catches in area 12 keep on increase or stay high for a few more days then its likely will have some sort of opportunity but if they drop off a cliff then its un likely to happen.

First nations for FSC were allocated 1.1 million but have asked for and have been approved for up to a 25% increase 275k more potentially.

if you asked me what the odds are of an opening for rec id say its looking better now with those increased area 12 catches.

Just left pa and the staff there were saying the tac is not going to the recs. Dont count on an opening. Even sept 1

early summers are putting constrains on fisheries, The early meeting tomorrow is the Americans have asked for it as they are looking to have more fisheries if the early summers are no longer in marine fisheries.

If the test catches in area 12 keep on increase or stay high for a few more days then its likely will have some sort of opportunity but if they drop off a cliff then its un likely to happen.

First nations for FSC were allocated 1.1 million but have asked for and have been approved for up to a 25% increase 275k more potentially.

if you asked me what the odds are of an opening for rec id say its looking better now with those increased area 12 catches.
I appreciate your optimism

Typical DFO, low numbers, bad run etc etc, shut it down or keep it closed, then upgrade the run and have an opening for the fish once they have already migrated by. Been there done that, many times.

Typical DFO, low numbers, bad run etc etc, shut it down or keep it closed, then upgrade the run and have an opening for the fish once they have already migrated by. Been there done that, many times.

It’s shaping up to look like that, ironically it’s looking like sockeye and chinook could open up at the same time around sept 1

My optimism has depleted almost 100 percent. DFO has their own agenda and im not supporting first nations anymore now I've seen this crap once again. illegally selling their food fish, want more food fish, now they want an excuse to sell them legally. They can violate fisheries acts and its fine. While we all sit and watch. Has nothing to do with conservation as we all know. 100 percent politics.

If they give us an opening most likely will be for a half a day. Doubt they even give a 24 hour. All we can hope for is if it lands on a good tide. Whats a couple hundred thousand fish for the commercial and rec sector?

If there is no commercial opening by the first week of August it ain't happening for anyone except in river or at the mouth if there is a very late push of fish.

Back