Forum back online!

chrisp

Admin
Staff member
hi Everyone,

We're back online. Sorry for the inconvenience. We had a couple of issues starting yesterday afternoon. The first one involved Google interpreting our ad delivery system as malicious code, which gave you that ugly browser warning. We upgraded our ad software and asked Google to review the site. This gave us a clean bill of health and lifted the warning messages.

In the process, we also upgraded our vBulletin forum software to the latest version. This had the effect of causing our new anti-spam software to disable the posting mechanism. I've disabled the anti-spam software until I can get a version that works with the latest forum software. In the meantime, everything else appears to be running normally. Upgrading also restored all the editor graphics and icons that were missing from the previous version.

Again, our apologies for the outage. Let me know if you notice anything odd. Hope you all have a Happy New Year!

Cheers,
ChrisP

Thanks for your work Chris..... Since you're in there can you change the 4 pics per post to more?? ;)

Umm did nobody notice the mystery buttons are actual real buttons now?!? I know someone is finally happy lol.

Great day, life can go on! lol
Great work Admins, we many forumers thank you!

-FB-

Thanks for your work Chris..... Since you're in there can you change the 4 pics per post to more?? ;)

Lippy,what happened to best layed plans of the mighty steelhead adventure :confused:

Perhaps it was too much snow,holes in the waders or overindulgence of wobbly pops.....

Sorry lippy, my bad, I just remembered your steelhead trip was yesterday; my brain also suffers from insufficent internet imput:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew!!! I am still getting this message, but all appears to be well..

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.sportfishingbc.com/forum

What is the current listing status for www.sportfishingbc.com/forum?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 209 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 12 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-30.

Malicious software includes 13 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including rtffeatureand.org/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including journaldugeek.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS25847 (SERVINT), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.sportfishingbc.com/forum did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Next steps:

so how do I get rid of this messgae now?

Lippy,what happened to best layed plans of the mighty steelhead adventure :confused:

Perhaps it was too much snow,holes in the waders or overindulgence of wobbly pops.....

Sorry lippy, my bad, I just remembered your steelhead trip was yesterday; my brain also suffers from insufficent internet imput:D

IMG_3973-Copy_zpsac9b87ec.jpg

:p

Is anyone still having issues with the forum?? I am still encountering that same attack message more often than not...

Is anyone still having issues with the forum?? I am still encountering that same attack message more often than not...

It seems ok now. It was showing up first thing this morning. The advertisements are all buggered up still. Hopefully it will be back to as normal as it gets soon lol.

so far so good. this morning I had an issue as well but since not much. x2 on the adds being wonky.

seems to happen commonly when I have been replying to a post...

I'm with CL. Google is STILL tracking the forum as an attack site and giving warnings. As follows:

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for www.sportfishingbc.com/forum

What is the current listing status for www.sportfishingbc.com/forum?
This site is not currently listed as suspicious.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.​
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 209 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 12 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-30.Malicious software includes 13 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including rtffeatureand.org/.
1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including journaldugeek.com/.
This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS25847 (SERVINT), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).​
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.sportfishingbc.com/forum did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.​
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.​
Next steps:

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear your cookies? Mine is flawless

might also depend on the internet browser and operating system you use. I'm using safari for Windows PC and works fine for me.

My 'Commodore-64' still runs like an F-18 jet fighter; not sure what all the fuss is about? By the way, did any of you hear rumors about new colour monitors coming on line soon?

VERY weird on google chrome cant even get to writting anything but on internet explorer seem to be able to write (well wait and see)
Can tell you one thing DO NOT like this new format in the whats new section really sucks

Wolf

VERY weird on google chrome cant even get to writting anything but on internet explorer seem to be able to write (well wait and see)
Can tell you one thing DO NOT like this new format in the whats new section really sucks

Wolf

Roy, after you click on "Whats new"
drop down and click on "new posts" and it will take you back to the old format

Running explorer and when I open a picture in an internal window before when I scrolled down the image would close and the page would scroll down. Now the image stays up and bounces around and the page in the background scrolls.

Back