foodsaver

He guys, anyone want to go in on some foodsaver bags? I'm in Victoria and would be willing to split an order for some 4 mil, 8x12" bags. $210 for 1000pcs. That works out to 21 cents per bag. Compare that to $1.14 for an 8x12" foodsaver bag that you have to cut and seal the end yourself. Seems like a no brainer to me. I have wanted to do this but have not found anyone to split the order with. I'd be willing to split it with 1-3 guys.

https://www.halfordsmailorder.com/e...12___4_Mil__1_000_Pcs__/i_1_0_/_BSBAGVAC812BC

I would go in on this. I live in the LM but get over to the Island every once in a while. If you didn't mind waiting for me to get there to pick up the bags.

I will go in on those bags provided they work in a regular food saver.

For anyone interested Costco sells rolls of food saver bags for $44.99 and if made into 8x12 bags they work out to $0.35 per bag. Not a terrible price considering you only need to spend $45 instead of $210 but you do need to cut them and make the seals yourself. I like the sound of pre made bags especially when dealing with large amounts of fish.

Wells Can has 50' rolls for $27 works out to .37 a bag if your doing 8"x11"
nice quality and works well with foodsaver, they are in Bby on government street just off Gaglardi,
there is also a guy on CL with 10,000 rolls 11"x16' for 12$ per 2 rolls a little (.25c a bag) but says can do bulk pricing
so maybe a little cheaper yet if there was enough guys,

ok so I sent him an email and he offered a case of 40 rolls for 220, probably a little more movement there yet

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple things - I would personally try to find the bags that are already sealed on one side. It is a great bullet proof seal and the reduces the chance of your food going bad because of a bad seal by 50% right off the bat.

Another thing. not sure if anyone has mentioned this but one of the keys is to make sure you remove any moisture from the 'seal zone' at the top..as moisture will make a bad seal. Also make sure your bag is big enough to not pull moisture up from your meat into the seal zone when the vacuum is working.

One final thing....make sure you have the bumpy side of the bag facing down when placing the end of the bag in the vacuum.

I put in an order from halford's and will be looking to sell some of the bags. I have heard good things about the 4mil bags from halfords. having pre made bags is much more convenient and less wear on the machine, so hopefully others see it this way as well and chip in to split this order with me. Shipping was crazy so in order to get free shipping, I had to order 1000 8x12 and 1000 6x12. I will post an ad on here and usedvic once they arrive. If you want some, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go in on this. I live in the LM but get over to the Island every once in a while. If you didn't mind waiting for me to get there to pick up the bags.

I can hold some for you if you're interested. Or I could bring over next time I'm headed to the mainland. Let me know if you are interested.

Hey Dave
I would be interested in taking some of that order. How much did it work out to per bag in the end?
Angus

i would be down for some bags also if there are any left, let me know, - thanks Dave

If I don't get charged PST upon delivery, (fingers crossed) I will sell bags for $25 for 100-8"x12", and $20 for 100-6"x12". I'm looking forward to not having to deal with cutting and sealing bags from a roll. It must be putting wear on the machine. Not to mention the factory seals are much wider and must hold up better.

FYI, if you were to order 100 bags from Halford's they'd work out to $35.20 for 8"x12" or $27.50 for 6"x12". This is before tax and shipping.

I'll keep you guys posted when they come in.

Cheers,
Dave

I'll take a couple hundred 8x12 if you have any to spare
Tim

Dave: I would be interested in purchasing a 100 bags of each size if you have any left. Give me a call if there are any available. Also if you see Andrew P sometime soon could you get me a couple of his ss polished spoons. Call me and I will deliver the cash.

...Rob

Hi Dave

I would interested in buying 100 of each. I live in Langford.Thanks

Up in Ukee for a little sun, sand, surf getaway. Should have the bags for Tuesday. I am pretty sure there is enough for everyone that has requested some. I'll keep everyone in the loop once bags are picked up.

Cheers
Dave

I just bought a foodsaver v3230 today at walllmart, 99 bucks.. 3 hours later all my fish is packed up and my roll is almost empty.. 007 (2).jpg I saved some bait too :)

Well smoked up the fish I caught in Father's Day derby yesterday and guess what ? back to costco to pick up another food saver. 3rd one, this one is a 4800 and as long as Costco keeps giving me my money back I will keep recycling my old ones for a brand new one every year or two :)

A couple things - I would personally try to find the bags that are already sealed on one side. It is a great bullet proof seal and the reduces the chance of your food going bad because of a bad seal by 50% right off the bat.

Another thing. not sure if anyone has mentioned this but one of the keys is to make sure you remove any moisture from the 'seal zone' at the top..as moisture will make a bad seal. Also make sure your bag is big enough to not pull moisture up from your meat into the seal zone when the vacuum is working.

This this this. As many have noted, Foodsaver machines don't have the longevity of the pricey ones. If you're processing lots of fish over a season you'll save more than just per-bag price using pre-made bags. Half the mileage on your vac sealer is worth something too.

Back