Food Saver

Lifetimer18

Hi just came back from London Drugs Nanaimo
They have the S/S Food Saver on sale for $99. Beats the price I payed at Costco.
J

I purchased one last spring from Costco (paid around $160) and tried, but was not happy with it at all and took it back. It was to replace a very basic food saver that I had purchased at London Drugs about 8-10 years ago. My old one worked better than the new one from Costco. The problem with the old one is that I can only seal about 3-4 bags and then it needs to cool down, also the heating sealing strip is not in the best condition and I have not been able to find a replacement. To counteract the overheating I usually take a cold wash cloth and lay it over the heat sealing strip. So I am still looking for a good one without having to spend a bundle.

Even at $99 I wouldn't buy. Nothing but issues with my last two food savers. poor hear strips seems to equate to poor seals, overheats quickly, won't seal thick bags. big disappointment.

I love my food savers. I own 4.....They never over heat and I take care of every one of them. The last ones I bought were the SS clam models at Costco for $69 each. Just don't over work them and they are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree but sometimes have trouble getting a lasting seal. Get your bags during the winter at Costco, when they are on sale.

I agree but sometimes have trouble getting a lasting seal. Get your bags during the winter at Costco, when they are on sale.

A lasting seal? Thru bones etc???... popping the bags.... Foodsaver is no different....It is normal for bags to pop..Call any packing company and they will tell you that. Foodasver has not come up with a miracle yet...lol

I am done with food saver. I have had a few over the years and I am sick and tired of dealing with liquid and the sealing problem associated with it. I don't want to have to freeze my fish first then bag either. I'm going to a chamber sealer. I know big bucks but really in the long run......... Bags are way cheaper too.

For pin bone problems popping bags my buddy told me this years ago. Wax paper on top of the fillet. Works great.

Sorry man but I have a friend with a chamber sealer.... If he had as good of a resault as you are thinking I would have bought one years ago. Find the answer and I will buy into it....Really so will all packers.. I hate it just as much as others do and to think we they pays for the service.

Sorry man but I have a friend with a chamber sealer.... If he had as good of a resault as you are thinking I would have bought one years ago. Find the answer and I will buy into it....Really so will all packers.. I hate it just as much as others do and to think we they pays for the service.

New thread started buddy. You can critic there if you like.

Sorry for the hijack Lifetimer 18:cool:.

Moisture certainly is a issue. You really have to lock the juice by pre-freezing fish. I find it bestif I double seal one or both ends. If you do a batch, you quickly see which have 100% seal

Cover your fish with a piece of saran wrap, then seal in the food saver.
the moisture is no longer an issue and you get a double seal on your fish.

Fold a piece of paper towel into a narrow band. Put product in bag, insert paper towel strip, then seal. Any moisture is absorbed in paper allowing for good seal.

We have been using this for a little while now, seems to work great $19.95 can't beat that.

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/i...AL-W-6BAGS/_/N-ntkol/Ne-mkre/R-I4434545?Num=0
44345451.jpg

Food Saver pack is of general need which most of the people are using now a days. The quality of the product is very much satisfactory and people are more and more interested in the quality of the product. I own 3 and seriously it is of great importance.

Back