Fluid film

scott craven

It's amazing stuff, best lubricant i've used.
I sprayed it on my oxidized red truck and it brought the paint
back to almost new looking.
Try it on your gelcoat, just spray it on and wipe it off
brings back the shine and seals the finish.

Excellent</u> lube / preservative for non-stainless firearms when out on the chuck ;)[}:)]
Lasts weeks and seriously prevents rust occurrences better than anything else I've run into.

Cheers,
Nog

quote:Originally posted by IronNoggin
Excellent</u> lube / preservative for non-stainless firearms when out on the chuck

That is if you don't mind your gun smelling like a Sheep! [8D] ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

This thread reminds me of a friend I used to know a long time ago. (He's passed away now, god rest his soul)
I remember he used to take solvent and mixed it will oil and sprayed his trailer down with it. I guess the solvent penetrates into the metal with the oil. I always remembered his trailer never had a hint of rust on it. I'v never tired it my self. At $15 a can.. I may just try some solvent and oil mix and put it in a spray bottle..
He might of been on to some thing with his mix..

Spray that stuff on your engine and say goodbye to salt and corrosion.
Only problem is I haven't figured out how to get last year's spray off-the stuff sticks like mad!

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

I used fluid film for about 15 years now, I use it on everything and its worth every cent, it sprays out like an alcohol based liquid and gets into every nook and craney, the alcohol boils out and leaves a thick oily lube behind that repels water

HB engine de greaser gets it off just fine.

Wolf

Dont put that **** on your powerhead, instead, rinse your **** off with fresh water and wd 40 or equivalent from time to time. Believe me that fluid film stuff is really messy..

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

why would you rinse off your power head with water. why would you risk that with all your electrical stuff there

Why wouldn't you be able to do it? Car engines are no different, eh?
If anything they're less corrosion resistant.
cheers

quote:Originally posted by spring time

why would you rinse off your power head with water. why would you risk that with all your electrical stuff there

Rinsing it off with fresh water wont hurt anything do it when the engine is warm etc the marine mechanics do it ALL the time same with your car engine rinse it not POWERWASH it ive never had a problem.

Ever seen us going thru all that mud with our quads or run offs we have been up as high as the seat and the quad motor is basically all under water and no problem still running now complettly submerged is another story

(right Jack n Justin remeber your buddy who liked swimming in janurary LOL LOL)

Wolf

Outboards are tested to withstand water and if washing them would be a problem I would not be interested in that make as I would consider it as a potential to let me down when I need it the most.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

I actually am a marine mechanic, I wash my powerheads with fresh water all the time, let it dry and spray wd40 or similar. I actually like the Volvo spray, the blue stuff.
Fluid film does have its time and place though.
nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Back