Floating House for Sale $155,000 in Barkley Sound

What are the rules with keeping it somewhere on the water with regards to government agencies etc? Does it cost money to keep it afloat where it is? If so how much? Any inspection stuff need to be done on it by government stuff in order to keep it every year? I have no idea how any of this works but it seems pretty interesting. I saw a west coast fishing t.v. show a couple years ago where they were staying at one of the guys floating cabin around that area and it looked pretty sweet.

Also how does it work with toilet/waste control? Is it stored in tanks then pumped out into a boat that picks it up? I know you can't be dumping it into the sound and I've seen floating lodges where it's stored in tanks then shipped out etc..

All the info you can give would be helpful. The more transparent with how this all works will probably help you get a deal done too.
PM sent. The Seller does have some contacts for possible moorage in Barkley Sound.

There is a moratorium on crown land leases for float cabins in BC, there has been for many years.

If you think you can tie that up just anywhere you will be forced to remove it.
Great advice, I own a floating cabin. Ours is registered and part of the small number of sites that presently fall under that moratorium. The whole lease thing fell apart once FN land claims process started, and since then we are on hold. Every year we get a letter and "fine" to pay as a form of the gov't receiving a lease payment, but not appearing to give any form of title or lease. We also pay property tax. I have heard that for those who risk just anchoring their cabins and hoping for the best, the gov't eventually catches up with them. Would recommend whomever is considering purchase does their homework to find a suitable site that is presently registered before even considering a purchase.

Great advice, I own a floating cabin. Ours is registered and part of the small number of sites that presently fall under that moratorium. The whole lease thing fell apart once FN land claims process started, and since then we are on hold. Every year we get a letter and "fine" to pay as a form of the gov't receiving a lease payment, but not appearing to give any form of title or lease. We also pay property tax. I have heard that for those who risk just anchoring their cabins and hoping for the best, the gov't eventually catches up with them. Would recommend whomever is considering purchase does their homework to find a suitable site that is presently registered before even considering a purchase.
The seller has some options in Barkley Sound for moving this floating house. Please contact me directly if you have questions?

The first AGM of the SFbc Clubhouse Association (SFCASS) would be legendary.

Subsequent meetings would have an Agenda and be run by Wives, SOs, Mothers, and Sisters.

First Item of business at that meeting would be the rescinding of the prior year's motion to install a fish ladder in lieu of a staircase to the Roof Top Deck.

I have a floating house listed for sale and thought I would post the details here in case anyone was looking for something like this. Here is the link to the listing details and photos https://matrix.buywhistler.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?ID=DE-3140678787&agt=1

This 4 bedroom float home is 1800 sq feet. Can be used as on a large home or separate into a duplex. This unfinished home is currently located in Barkley Sound but could be delivered to any location on Vancouver Island or Vancouver. Built in 2017. Asking price is $155,000. Contact me for more information!
is this still for sale and are there photos of the inside?

Back