Floating House for Sale $155,000 in Barkley Sound

cohochinook

I have a floating house listed for sale and thought I would post the details here in case anyone was looking for something like this. Here is the link to the listing details and photos https://matrix.buywhistler.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?ID=DE-3140678787&agt=1

This 4 bedroom float home is 1800 sq feet. Can be used as on a large home or separate into a duplex. This unfinished home is currently located in Barkley Sound but could be delivered to any location on Vancouver Island or Vancouver. Built in 2017. Asking price is $155,000. Contact me for more information!

Attachments

• Best Photo.jpeg
    Best Photo.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 400
  • Photo from water.jpeg
    Photo from water.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
I have a floating house listed for sale and thought I would post the details here in case anyone was looking for something like this. Here is the link to the listing details and photos https://matrix.buywhistler.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?ID=DE-3114966683&agt=1#1

This 4 bedroom float home is 1800 sq feet. Can be used as on a large home or separate into a duplex. This unfinished home is currently located in Barkley Sound but could be delivered to any location on Vancouver Island or Vancouver. Built in 2017. Asking price is $195,000. Contact me for more information!
whats the interior look like is it finished or just studs?

whats the interior look like is it finished or just studs?
It is just finished to the studs. I have some photos from when it was being built. I have attached a couple of photos.

Attachments

• walls 2.jpg
    walls 2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 245
  • walls 3.jpg
    walls 3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Walls 6.jpg
    Walls 6.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 230
  • walls 9.jpg
    walls 9.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 221
  • walls 8.jpg
    walls 8.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 211
  • walls 7.jpg
    walls 7.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 207
  • walls 10.jpg
    walls 10.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 199
  • walls.jpg
    walls.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 239
Do you have more than 3 photos to best showcase this thing? What are the floats made of?
I posted a couple photos just now from when it was being built.

The platform the building is built on is a combination of 60' large diameter boom sticks and 75 Styrofoam billets placed under the boom sticks. Each styrofoam billet has 1000 pounds of lift and cost $20K to install. The exterior of the building has been finished with Ranch board siding. The interior of the building is as you see it in the photographs lower down.

If we all pitch in some coin it could happen lol
what could possibly go wrong ?

i was thinking hard about buying a cabin in nootka but realistically i would only be using it during the summer months and with monthly maintenance fees as high as my mortgage in town, i think i chose wisely.

What are the rules with keeping it somewhere on the water with regards to government agencies etc? Does it cost money to keep it afloat where it is? If so how much? Any inspection stuff need to be done on it by government stuff in order to keep it every year? I have no idea how any of this works but it seems pretty interesting. I saw a west coast fishing t.v. show a couple years ago where they were staying at one of the guys floating cabin around that area and it looked pretty sweet.

Also how does it work with toilet/waste control? Is it stored in tanks then pumped out into a boat that picks it up? I know you can't be dumping it into the sound and I've seen floating lodges where it's stored in tanks then shipped out etc..

All the info you can give would be helpful. The more transparent with how this all works will probably help you get a deal done too.

What are the rules with keeping it somewhere on the water with regards to government agencies etc? Does it cost money to keep it afloat where it is? If so how much? Any inspection stuff need to be done on it by government stuff in order to keep it every year? I have no idea how any of this works but it seems pretty interesting. I saw a west coast fishing t.v. show a couple years ago where they were staying at one of the guys floating cabin around that area and it looked pretty sweet.

Also how does it work with toilet/waste control? Is it stored in tanks then pumped out into a boat that picks it up? I know you can't be dumping it into the sound and I've seen floating lodges where it's stored in tanks then shipped out etc..

All the info you can give would be helpful. The more transparent with how this all works will probably help you get a deal done too.

pretty sure you need to get a foreshore lease from the Provence to park it somewhere and someone told me who deals with getting floating logging bunck houses approved says it’s getting harder and harder.

pretty sure you need to get a foreshore lease from the Provence to park it somewhere and someone told me who deals with getting floating logging bunck houses approved says it’s getting harder and harder.
So I've heard-as prices go up in the city people move further & further away thinking they can just set up 'wherever' because it's 'all free' and that causes issues.

Back