Flipped boat

C

chrome dome

Does anyone know a guy from nanaimo who has a silver willies drift boat? They were drifting today and I launched at stolts as did he and his buddy. I talked to them and they said they were pulling out at Sandy. I told them that the lock was screwed. So I last saw them at bible camp and figured they had pulled out at Sandy. I was fishing the run just above where leaning fur used to be and their boat came by rolling along the bottom of the river and I knew right away they had flipped it. Called the fire and rescue right away and went to vimy and pulled out and redrifted from just below sandy and didn't see them. The boat was absolutely demolished and last i saw it. it was still going past vimy. Aparently the guys tried to go down the right side just above Holt creek where there was a tree all the way across. They got pinned and then rolled under the tree and got sucked under. Lucky for them they were wearing life jackets . The good news is the two guys are alright. Water can get tricky out there sometimes and especially in high water so everyone should be extra careful. Would really hate to be fishin out a corpse[V]. There are really no other super tricky spots on the flow. The log jam at washout is gonna get tricky but in that case you could pull your boat around it.

Oh ****...ive met those guys on the stamp.......sais it before the cowie is a death trap at times especially this year,the amount of downed trees is incredible.Get out and take a look before you commit too a blind spot,dont be a hero out there.I heard guys were drifting at 2.0 meter levels thats just plain stupid.Stay safe out there guys there just fish!!

Thanks for the heads up chrome dome,

The right side just above Holt creek always seemed to be a problem. Trees always seemed to gather there in other years past as well. It's good to hear that they are alright and very nice of you to check up on them.

Hyde.

Ya that was probably me driftin at 2m. Was just testin out the new anchor!!!!:D It doesnt like to hold in the middle:( When the water drops a bit I'll be makin an effort to cut out those logs at washout. I cut the one out of there last year but this one might be a bit tougher.

HEY CHROME DOME THANKS FOR THE INFO. HAVEN,T BEEN DOWN YET LOOKING AT THIS WEEK I THINK WE MIGHT HAVE PFD,S ON INSTEAD OF UNDER THE SEAT, NICE TO KNOW OTHER BOATS ARE THERE TO HELP A BRO ..CHEERS[8D]

Back