Flaked Brine Ice in Winter Harbour

fishyboy99

Just a heads up on the availability of flaked ice in Winter Harbour. Our ice machine is now up and running. We have enough for sports coolers, but commercial totes might be stretch (we only get about 3 1/2 totes of ice a day). Located just off the government wharf at Qualicum Rivers Lodge. Just ring the doorbell if you need some.

Regards,

Fishyboy

Great news![:) Will be up there shortly and will take you up on that offer, hope us members get a good price,, just kidding!:D.../BB

That is great news- I'll be up in 2 weeks also. Can't wait!

That is great news- I'll be up in 2 weeks also. Can't wait!

Thanks for the interest, wasn't to sure if there would be a big demand for it in the harbour. We use 2 totes a day, so getting this machine was huge relief (had to truck it in from Hardy every 3-4 days). Not sure about the price - haven't sold any yet:) I heard that the going rate was about $20 for a 150qt cooler. Is that correct? Will sell it by the 20 liter pail also. Still quiet in the harbour. Fishing has been very good, springs averaging 20-22lbs - some in the lower 30's, some coho and pinks showing. Weather has been average. Lordofthesprings, there has been quite a bit of pilchards in our salmon, and huge schools of bait out there. See you all when you get here.

Regards,

Fishyboy

Thanks for the interest, wasn't to sure if there would be a big demand for it in the harbour. We use 2 totes a day, so getting this machine was huge relief (had to truck it in from Hardy every 3-4 days). Not sure about the price - haven't sold any yet:) I heard that the going rate was about $20 for a 150qt cooler. Is that correct? Will sell it by the 20 liter pail also. Still quiet in the harbour. Fishing has been very good, springs averaging 20-22lbs - some in the lower 30's, some coho and pinks showing. Weather has been average. Lordofthesprings, there has been quite a bit of pilchards in our salmon, and huge schools of bait out there. See you all when you get here.

Regards,

Fishyboy

Thanks for the update on the fishing, sounds like it is picking up:D Great to have some ice there!! See you in a few weeks......BB

Thanks for the update on the fishing, sounds like it is picking up:D Great to have some ice there!! See you in a few weeks......BB

Just got back from winter. The ice is good, nice and fine so no lumpy dented fish thanks fishyboy. The fishing was good too, no monsters for us but we had a great time.

Back