FISHING stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that considering laws in B.C. business this is a fairly easy case with little ambiguity. The original offer was made and a price was recorded in writing. There was an acceptance of that offer (also in writing). Had there been a counter offer to the original offer, there would have been an opportunity to refute that there was no deal. That does not appear to be the case. At any rate Ciacione has taken a second offer, so it really is a mute point I guess.

Seems like this type of sale doesn't really need to correspond with business or retail laws. Don't really agree that he had accepted any offer or that his price was fixed and not open to better offers. I do agree that seller should have mentioned that he was considering offers and given others a chance to better there offer. Maybe he found a more convienient sale for a better price. Still should have at least let others know what he was thinking. Em should have had a chance to increase his offer. This is what can happen when buying and selling like this. You win some, you lose some.

This is exactly why I will never sell or trade anything in this Section. Everyone picks everything apart. Should be you post Item and then only private PM's. Sometimes I think this is one of the Funnier or more interesting sections of the whole site. So in that sense I do like it the way it is.

Sorry for the Hijack
moved to the BST thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like this type of sale doesn't really need to correspond with business or retail laws. You win some, you lose some.
Sorry Dave, but ALL transactions in BC follow the same laws, there is no such thing as a "special law" for transactions of this type.

Sorry Dave, but ALL transactions in BC follow the same laws, there is no such thing as a "special law" for transactions of this type.

Well you better call the retail sales police then.

Pretty sure ire most don't have a clue what rules you are referring too. This is the real world, not some law class.

finaddict Are you trying to imply that what happened here broke some kind of BC transaction law.... ?? lol That is actually funny
I think it is more like I call shotgun or I have dibs law lol . He never told him ok you have it, is yours. He never broke any verbal contract either.
In fact I think it was more underhanded for the original first in line buyer not to make attempts at saying hell it is worth more I will agree to more or drop it
There were numerous posts within minutes, some obviously saying this was a steal, and offering more ! Way more! Five times... more .
eagle KNEW there were better offers right behind his instead of trying to stick it to this guy by using YOU SAID and I am first in line rule You guys back off
he should have sensed people KNEW it was someone not knowing what they had, and was about to be taken advantage of.

If he had promised to eagle or have said it was yours and they agreed maybe eagle might have more to be actually pissed about and ciacione would be a douchebag , breaking deals for a few bucks.
But then we would have a thread feeling sorry for poor ciacione and eagle for taking advantage of him LOL
PS eagle sorry If I don't my reasoning align with your " Support group" lol
Kinda ****** though I know all that anticipation, but don't let it ruin your day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Fish Assassin, time to go fishing. This has been beat to death. Suffice to say lessons learned all the way around.

Now go get some fish.

Don

I am shocked this thread hasent been closed or deleted. As said by another member this morning to me.

"I was texting you to say that thread should be deleted. A black eye for the site. I post very little anymore on it as there's no point . I thought craigslist was a gong show but that pales in comparison to the buy and sell section on SFBC. Not a pleasant experience for anybody. Only entertainment."

Come on its time for change.

I agree with Fish Assassin, time to go fishing. This has been beat to death. Suffice to say lessons learned all the way around.

Now go get some fish.

Don

I agree that lessons were learned. I don't think anything is more beat to death on this site than the halibut, salmon farms, pipelines and global warming threads though. Ive found this thread almost as entertaining as those threads.

I have closed this thread as it serves no purpose to continue this discussion here, as has been noted. We will consider the ideas being put forward on the BST thread and make changes to this area as needed.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back