FISHING stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
No stand up guy would make a deal with someone and then sell to the highest offer. If he wanted offers the he should have said that. If that is the case.

Well he was back on at 3:12 today so he should have answered your pm's
that other offer wasnt a very nice thing to do.
I know how you feel tho Eman it has happened twice to me on here now in the last couple months.
where an agreement was made and then the item was sold to someone else and I was left wondering wtf happened to honor
I wish we had the ability to rate sellers and buyers
hope he is just busy and hasnt had time to answer you.

So ? Any word? did he honour the deal or is it up for bids? For myself, even if it was up for auction, I would not participate. Seems to me we have a valid contract with offer and acceptance.

Looking at his post, I'm not sure how to determine the situation. He never said he was asking $60, he said he'd be happy to get $60. So if he got more interest and ends up with $100, I would only guess he'd be super happy. I think if he agreed to a price from anyone, then sure, he should honor that. If he didnt
pm anyone agreeing to price, tough to say he is committed to selling it all for $60 if he could get more. Not everyone is aware of some of the ins and outs of selling oine, so can you blame a guy if he wanted to get more for it. Eagle maniac should have first dibs at it though to see if they can work out a deal.

So ? Any word? did he honour the deal or is it up for bids? For myself, even if it was up for auction, I would not participate. Seems to me we have a valid contract with offer and acceptance.

You hit the nail on the head. If there was an acceptance and promise from the seller to Eman that the seller would accept Eman's $60 and not look at higher offers than I think the seller should absolutely honor the $60 IMO .......however I wonder if that actually happened considering how many PM's the seller might have gotten ( and very quickly ) with equal or higher offers. With no acceptance or promise spoken to Eman then IMO the seller would have absolutely every right to sell higher than ad's suggested "happy" price and not to the first response a few minutes after the ad was posted ( especially considering we all know the suggested selling price was obviously very low) Again, was there a spoken promise provided to Eman from the seller ? - that's key IMHO.

Looking at his post, I'm not sure how to determine the situation. He never said he was asking $60, he said he'd be happy to get $60. So if he got more interest and ends up with $100, I would only guess he'd be super happy. I think if he agreed to a price from anyone, then sure, he should honor that. If he didnt
pm anyone agreeing to price, tough to say he is committed to selling it all for $60 if he could get more. Not everyone is aware of some of the ins and outs of selling oine, so can you blame a guy if he wanted to get more for it. Eagle maniac should have first dibs at it though to see if they can work out a deal.

Bang on IMO - you beat me to it, well said.

I wish we had the ability to rate sellers and buyers

This is a very good wish. Lot's of forums seem to have a good / bad list going. I think more stuff would get pushed through this forum's buy and sell if they had list or something to reference from for potential sellers and buyers.

I have tons of stuff that I would like to unload but this section of the forum scares the crap out of me lol. I usually sell stuff through PM's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys sorry for late response but I had to take the more appealing offer...
Sorry.... but im sure you understand why

Hey guys sorry for late response but I had to take the more appealing offer...
Sorry.... but im sure you understand why

Congrats on the sale. Your the seller and I understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no problem with this Ciacione. When selling something, I only honor CIF. First person to my door with cash in fist gets the goods.

Ciacione, soon after you posted your items for sale, I was the first one to respond that I accept your requested price $60. I then immediately pm'ed you to thank you and inform you that I lived in the Comox Valley. You then immediately pm'ed back to inform me you lived in Victoria. Although you might not have exactly stated the items where mine, to me it was contact and a confirmation of my requested offer. I strongly feel that when you pm'ed you should have then informed me you received a better offer and at least give me an opportunity to match or beat said offer. But you just left me hanging full of excitement. I then sent you a further pm to try to arrange a meeting in the near future. No response from you. I also sent you a friendly pm to say how hard it is to part with collections of long collected usually family treasures. No response from you. I further pm'ed to ask if there was a problem and had you considered another offer. Once again no response from you. Obviously you feel completely fine with the way you have handled this situation. I on the other hand feel cheated. To the forum member who feels that money always wins over honor, I wish you as much happiness as I was hoping to have.;) eman

well at least some people understand... no promise was made
happy fishing
I completely understand. No where did you say the items were $60. Everyone wants to make sure they get a fair dollar for their items. It's not like you buy and sell things all the time on here and know how the members will act or what they will expect or how they will read your ad. Let alone how they will drag you thru the mud afterwards. Welcome to the ---- show..... :) 9 posts NOW since 2012. Bet this doesn't make you want to post anything else.

Maybe you should have listed OBO..... LOL :) But then guys would have offered you $40-50 and still been upset if you sold you stuff for more.... LOL

I recently wanted a pair of reels that were up for offers. I made an offer. They were sold to another member for more. As far as I care they were sold to the guy that wanted them more and was willing to pay the price for them. I wasn't contacted to asked if I wanted to offer more..... So should I attack this member now? Hell No

I think if anyone really wanted this tackle one should have offered what it was worth to you. If all that tackle was only worth $60 to you obviously you really didn't want or need it.

Hope you got at least a couple hundred for your gear Ciacione.

Good Luck,

SBFB....Where something is EVERYONES business.

Good sale. Good laugh.

I suspect that considering laws in B.C. business this is a fairly easy case with little ambiguity. The original offer was made and a price was recorded in writing. There was an acceptance of that offer (also in writing). Had there been a counter offer to the original offer, there would have been an opportunity to refute that there was no deal. That does not appear to be the case. At any rate Ciacione has taken a second offer, so it really is a mute point I guess.

Just wanted to add my appreciation for the words and pm's of support and also other members interpretations as well. Thankfully we are all entitled to our opinions and wish no ill will to anyone here. Thanks again.;) eman

Not that anyone really cares about my opinion, but I think, if nothing else, EM should have been given the opportunity to purchase at the final selling price. It appeared to me that the deal was done when he responded to the first advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back