Fishing Sooke in March?

demco99

Me and a friend are considering driving our boat over to Sooke in march and towing our 15' whaler behind for fishing. Would have to find a dockspace close to teh fishing grounds. Would be there for a bout a week. Can anyone tell em how the fishing is in Sooke in March? We'd be trolling with downriggers. Otter point seems to be the spot ot be? Will it still be small winter springs or will some big columbians be moving through? Any coho? Never fished sooke before so any help is appreciated..

Sunny Shores marina has every thing you will need they even have power hook ups for you boat and water. in the winter time we fish the bluffs mostly just ask Andy the owner if the marina he will help you out.

Sunny Shores marina has every thing you will need they even have power hook ups for you boat and water. in the winter time we fish the bluffs mostly just ask Andy the owner if the marina he will help you out.

Used to get some very good surf at Jordan River during March too, so I imagine there wmight be some good groundswells that time of year all the way in past Sooke.
Just in case you're prone to getting sea-sick.

Take care.

Used to get some very good surf at Jordan River during March too, so I imagine there wmight be some good groundswells that time of year all the way in past Sooke.
Just in case you're prone to getting sea-sick.

Take care.

Ah most of the time in the spring you get mostly a south east wind thats why there some big swells then in the summer you get westerlys which are even bigger swells.This person was asking about fishing not surf.

Edited by - wolf on 02/26/2004 16:01:11

Ah most of the time in the spring you get mostly a south east wind thats why there some big swells then in the summer you get westerlys which are even bigger swells.This person was asking about fishing not surf.

Edited by - wolf on 02/26/2004 16:01:11

Just thought that with a 15' Whaler he might want to know about swells and such that he might encounter that time of year.
But thanks anyway. I would have never figured out he was asking about fishing.
Oh, and I lived at Jordan River for 12 years or so so I'm reasonably familiar with ocean conditions in the Strait too.

Take care.

Just thought that with a 15' Whaler he might want to know about swells and such that he might encounter that time of year.
But thanks anyway. I would have never figured out he was asking about fishing.
Oh, and I lived at Jordan River for 12 years or so so I'm reasonably familiar with ocean conditions in the Strait too.

Take care.

What size are the winters running by this time? Any hali's possibly? Im more used to fishing the banks off of Tofinos so this will be new to me.

What size are the winters running by this time? Any hali's possibly? Im more used to fishing the banks off of Tofinos so this will be new to me.

Back