Fishing Ogden Point break water

Another good video, I am not the most familiar with Victoria area regs but in most areas kelp greenling is open year round and you probably could have retained it. Quite often you will get Rockfish and Lings off ogden point. It is now a condition of your licence to have a rock fish descending device when fishing for rockfish/lings. So make sure you have one with you or make your own (ie. inverted barbless hook with weight).

deepwater-release.jpg

Another good video, I am not the most familiar with Victoria area regs but in most areas kelp greenling is open year round and you probably could have retained it. Quite often you will get Rockfish and Lings off ogden point. It is now a condition of your licence to have a rock fish descending device when fishing for rockfish/lings. So make sure you have one with you or make your own (ie. inverted barbless hook with weight).

deepwater-release.jpg
I’m not sure how one would descend a rockfish when fishing off the breakwater though.....

Hand release i would imagine, regardless licence still requites you to have one otherwise its a court appearance, not even a ticket.

Back