Fish processing vessel.

No problem if salmon stocks collapse… there’s 60 million unsold/uncommitted frozen sockeye in warehouses in my neighborhood … enough to cover the market while the stocks rebound

At least the southern bound stocks of salmon and steelhead will have a nice shiny new resting place.

No problem if salmon stocks collapse… there’s 60 million unsold/uncommitted frozen sockeye in warehouses in my neighborhood … enough to cover the market while the stocks rebound

and they could be yours for the low low low price of 3.29 per 100 grams

1670275380853.png

and they could be yours for the low low low price of 3.29 per 100 grams

View attachment 87432

You put your finger on the craziness of what’s going on. I just received a commodity pricing list from one of the big packers in Alaska... it’s 4 pages long...I did a quick tally of the quantities of various sockeye items from the first page alone...I lost count after 6 million lbs, a mix of H&G and fillet, all sitting in local warehouses....

Meanwhile, NOBODY is buying...the market is completely dead. Food service and retail have their hands in their pockets, both in North AM and EU. China and Japan are asleep at the wheel

Gee, why is nobody buying when Save ON Foods has these incredible consumer values in their seafood departments?

Like you guys, I have always caught my own —- I have’t bought salmon in many decades at the retail level but this fall, on my way to Haida Gwaii, I was desperate for some BBQ material so I could do a beach fire with all the sunshine that was going on —— I stopped off at a Safeway in Terrace. All the sockeye fillets in the display case had meat-separation going on, bruising in the meat....these fillets had been ridden hard and put away wet. I told the guy I was a seafood snob ....couldn’t he do a little bit better?

He brought a fillet out of the freezer that was marginally better —- (only because it was still frozen you couldn’t see the meat separation)

$ 33 out the door for a fillet that might have gone 600 grams..... and there’s only 10 million pounds more of fillets to go before inventories are cleaned up—-perfect timing for a $ 60 million (tax payer subsidized) processing vessel to come on line.

Capitalism at its finest

Last edited:
Back