Fish pics for the isolated

The ones I’ve caught were on some pretty HD reels so no playing like salmon more like cod. The colours while they’re still in the water is amazing but they loose that quickly once in the cooler. Very tasty fish.

Attachments

• E81A18D0-A59D-4A64-9559-D8530DD16B34.jpeg
    E81A18D0-A59D-4A64-9559-D8530DD16B34.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 75
What're mahimahi like to catch? I've seen people say "they're like the tropical version of salmon" The colours and shape of those fish fascinate me...I'd love to catch one just to see it in person!

unreal sport on medium tackle, will take flys , lures, live baits , basically anything. They jump and go on hard runs, the big bulls use that big square head to dig in and make it quite hard to land them . Big time schooling fish so usually if you find a floating piece of debris in the tropics there is a willing school hanging under .

We troll for the Mahi between 6 and 8 MPH with bright colored squid hoochie type lures similar to those used for marlin and sailfish. We also catch Tuna and Wahoo while fishing with them.

I would never kill a fish over 30 pounds now but back in the day we used to get some monster springs on the Skeena commercial fishing. This was the biggest we ever got. Weighed 86 pounds.
What a monster spring I’ve seen a few come out of the nets up on the thaltan River when I was a kid. I could only imagine hooking one of those and the power it would have. Do you remember if that one was a white spring?

What a monster spring I’ve seen a few come out of the nets up on the thaltan River when I was a kid. I could only imagine hooking one of those and the power it would have. Do you remember if that one was a white spring?
It was a red Chinook. Thing was a whale. I still remember the struggle to pick it up for a pic

It was a red Chinook. Thing was a whale. I still remember the struggle to pick it up for a pic
Holy heck! Looks still pretty silver too. Unreal!
How big is the one in your frofile pic? 45?

Holy heck! Looks still pretty silver too. Unreal!
How big is the one in your frofile pic? 45?
I didn’t actually weigh the one in my profile but figured high 30’s. That fish in my profile was back when the Pilchards were thick on the banks off Ucluelet. The fish were eating well and there were a lot of Tyees around. The fish were ridiculously fat. I sure hope the Pilchards come back soon. Here’s a good pic to show how fat the fish got.

Attachments

• 1180020E-A40C-489B-88CB-FAAF27A7FACD.jpeg
    1180020E-A40C-489B-88CB-FAAF27A7FACD.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 50
Back